How can I run Fallout 3 without a disc?

alchmstlva

I tried using mod manager but it didn't work. i would click "Launch Fallout 3" but then it wouldn't do anything..

Edit: also, when i use the Fallout 3 and New Vegas Mod Manager it launches but then tells me i need the disk

Edited by alchmstlva

You lost your disk? And the dog probably ate your homework too.

As several people have already said, the LEGAL version runs without the disk from fallout3.exe.

If you have a stolen version (pirate) who knows what you really got. Do you think someone who would steal a game would hesitate to upload a virus with the name as Fallout3? or upload just a part of the game or some trash file with the name to fulfill some seeding requirement? We not only don't support pirates here, we can't as we don't know what you really have. And, IF you have a pirate version, you don't either.

As several people have already said, the LEGAL version runs without the disk from fallout3.exe.

If you have a stolen version (pirate) who knows what you really got. Do you think someone who would steal a game would hesitate to upload a virus with the name as Fallout3? or upload just a part of the game or some trash file with the name to fulfill some seeding requirement? We not only don't support pirates here, we can't as we don't know what you really have. And, IF you have a pirate version, you don't either.

I'm against piracy, but don't call it thievery. You're duplicating, not stealing.

When you overly smear something with false claims it hurts more than it helps.

I'm against piracy, but don't call it thievery. You're duplicating, not stealing.

When you overly smear something with false claims it hurts more than it helps.

Please look at the "IF"s. He isn't accusing him

But like other people say, just go to you're Fallout 3 folder in Program Files and look for "Fallout3"

• 1 year later...
I popped the disc in and installed it, but i can't seem to get it to run without it, I ran it without it before i uninstalled it and re-installed, if i just run the launcher it pops up box that tells me to put the disc in or go the a website for help. All the website tells me is how too look for the disc. So yeah same problem as him, just want it to run without for sake of convenience. Edited by rangerofthewastes

I popped the disc in and installed it, but i can't seem to get it to run without it, I ran it without it before i uninstalled it and re-installed, if i just run the launcher it pops up box that tells me to put the disc in or go the a website for help. All the website tells me is how too look for the disc. So yeah same problem as him, just want it to run without for sake of convenience.

As has been said many times above - run the fallout3.exe rather than the falloutLauncher.exe. Usually in C:\Program Files (x86)\Bethesda Softworks\Fallout 3.

If you're running windows 7 or 8, right-click on your Fallout 3 icon and select Open file location. You might want to create a shortcut for future use. When you have the correct folder open, right-click on fallout3.exe and select Create Shortcut. It might say it can't create a shortcut here, would you like to create one on the desktop - say YES! Otherwise drag the new shortcut to your desktop.