How can I run Fallout 3 without a disc?

alchmstlva

To all the genious who had such suggestions like:

"As has been said many times above - run the fallout3.exe rather than the falloutLauncher.exe."
"I suggest getting FOMM."
"Fallout 3 script extender also will do the trick."

Do you know that if you have Fallout 3 GOTY Polish/Czech/Hungarian version the FOSE doesn't work (FOSE does not support: Polish DVD version of Fallout 3 (it uses SafeDisc copy protection on Fallout3.exe)), the start with fallout3.exe instead of launcher doesn't work, the start with FOMM doesn't work... every time you want to start there is a disc check ("God bless" SafeDisc copy protection...).

Solve THIS Einsteins!

To all the genious who had such suggestions like:

"As has been said many times above - run the fallout3.exe rather than the falloutLauncher.exe."

"I suggest getting FOMM."

"Fallout 3 script extender also will do the trick."

Do you know that if you have Fallout 3 GOTY Polish/Czech/Hungarian version the FOSE doesn't work (FOSE does not support: Polish DVD version of Fallout 3 (it uses SafeDisc copy protection on Fallout3.exe)), the start with fallout3.exe instead of launcher doesn't work, the start with FOMM doesn't work... every time you want to start there is a disc check ("God bless" SafeDisc copy protection...).

Solve THIS Einsteins!

http://www.nexusmods.com/fallout3/mods/4635/?

All mods are based off of English here, so deal with it.

• 2 years later...

I am having the exact same problem as the last guy was. I bought Fallout 3 a long time ago and just installed it on my old laptop I just fixed because it couldn't run Skyrim SE. Fallout3.exe doesn't work.

Coming in a bit late I know, but none of the fixes here have worked for me.

Edited by IR0NWARRI0RSIV

What wasn't mentioned in the thread , at least I didn't see it anywhere.

Is that Fallout3.exe will not launch without the graphics having been configured by the FalloutLancher.exe first.

So if the graphics were updated/changed , the Launcher is needed to reconfigure it , therefore the disk if it is a disk version.

I am having the exact same problem as the last guy was. I bought Fallout 3 a long time ago and just installed it on my old laptop I just fixed because it couldn't run Skyrim SE. Fallout3.exe doesn't work.

Coming in a bit late I know, but none of the fixes here have worked for me.

What happened to the disc that you used to install the game?

Is the game you installed from a download? If so, what was the source?

Edited by M48A5

• 2 months later...

I was having this problem. My copy was a "Games for Windows" DVD set. Apparently sometime between when I originally installed it and recently I changed my video card.

Apparently it wants to re-detect all that stuff.

I dug up my DVD's, inserted disc-1, started the game let it go through its video detection process, got into the intro of the game, then exited, removed the DVD, and restarted the game via Nexus mod manager, and it worked without asking for the DVD.

Perhaps if there's a way to go through the vid detection process without the DVD that'd probably be the ultimate solution.

Anyway, there it is... My resolution for this annoying problem.

If your User liscencing came from purchacing a disc ... which then got transferrerred to your Hard disk ... Then ,

Any changes of the configuration , are going to most likely need the liscence confirmation the disk provided.