Will my laptop be able to run TESV at least on medium settings?

# 18.4-inch high-definition TruBrite display with 1680 x 945 resolution for amazing color depth and clarity and native 720p (HD+) support.

Learn More

#

2.4 GHz Intel Core i5-450M dual-core processor for smart performance with a speed boost (2.66 GHz with Turbo Boost Technology; 3 MB L3 cache). Intel's Turbo Boost technology maximizes speed for demanding applications, dynamically accelerating performance to match your workload--providing more performance when you need it the most. It also comes equipped with Intel HD Graphics--an advanced video engine that delivers smooth, high-quality HD video playback, and advanced 3D capabilities, providing an ideal graphics solution for everyday computing.

Learn More

# 500 GB Serial ATA hard drive (7200 RPM)

Learn More

# 4 GB of DDR3 RAM (upgradeable to 8 GB) gives you the bandwidth you need to get the most of today's popular software, multitask all day long and run applications without a glitch.

Learn More

# NVIDIA GeForce GTS 360M with 1 GB GDDR5 discrete graphics memory offers what gamers want most--hyper-realistic action with intense 3D visuals, plus vibrant, lifelike scenes and dynamic character effects--thanks to NVIDIA's PhysX technology. It goes beyond everyday gaming with built-in CUDA technology to speed demanding system tasks, like video playback and HD movie editing. You'll also enjoy up to a 50 percent improvement over previous generation mobile graphics processors, and a more rewarding Windows 7 experience with accelerated video and image processing (2298 MB total available graphics memory).

Learn More

# 8x SuperMulti DVD drive with double layer support and Labelflash printing, which enables you to personalize your discs and keep them looking attractive and organized with direct-to-disc laser printing.

Learn More

# Wireless Connectivity

* With its integrated Wireless-N Wi-Fi networking capabilities, this laptop provides up to five times the performance and twice the wireless range using 802.11n-compatible routers as you would with 802.11g networks. It's also backward compatible with 802.11b/g networks (commonly found at Wi-Fi hotspots and in older home routers).

Learn More

# Harman Kardon stereo speakers bring an added dimension to music, movies and gaming with rich, immersive virtual surround sound.

# Dolby Home Theater suite of technologies delivers virtual surround sound from stereo speakers or any pair of headphones.

Thanks

Edited by Stardusk

I have a similar laptop that can run Fallout: New Vegas on the highest settings with no lag, therefore I assume yours be able to run Skyrim on medium-high settings without issue.

I don't thik FNV is as demanding as Skyrim though?! is it?

If the laptop can run a fairly new game on the highest settings, I would be really suprised if it couldn't run a game that is released later this year.

Maybe not on the highest possible graphic settings, but at least low-medium.

Edited by Nysba

I have a similar laptop that can run Fallout: New Vegas on the highest settings with no lag, therefore I assume yours be able to run Skyrim on medium-high settings without issue.

I don't thik FNV is as demanding as Skyrim though?! is it?

FNV isn't as demanding as oblivion.

But that isn't the issue

The game is gonna be released on certain consoles

implying maximum compatibility with older systems