My Game CTDs Randomly For Seemingly No Reason?

Deleted25154299User

My game keeps on crashing randomly for basically no reason and reverts my saves back when I go on. I turned off autosaving so that my loads would be neater even though I still save very frequently, but whenever this happens the saves go back to one of the previous things I saved over! I used LOOT to order my mods before editing the order a little so that it fit with the descriptions on here. I do have a LOT of mods, so I think one of them may be causing this issue. This can happen at any time, even if I am just walking through a forest by myself. Here is my current load order (sorry if the solution is really obvious and I'm just stupid):

Skyrim.esm
Update.esm
Unofficial Skyrim Patch.esp
Dawnguard.esm
Unofficial Dawnguard Patch.esp
Dragonborn.esm
Unofficial Dragonborn Patch.esp
Falskaar.esm
RSkyrimChildren.esm
ClimatesOfTamriel.esm
EFFCore.esm
SkyTEST-RealisticAnimals&Predators.esm
Wyrmstooth.esp
SkyUI.esp
Patch - Falskaar - RS kids.esp
Patch - Wyrm - RS kids.esp
ClimatesOfTamriel Falskaar.esp
A Simple Marriage Mod.esp
RSChildren - Complete.esp
RSChildren_PatchUSKP.esp
TheChoiceIsYours.esp
BetterQuestObjectives.esp
3DNPC.esp
RealisticNeedsandDiseases.esp
RND_Dawnguard-Patch.esp
RND_Dragonborn-Patch.esp
RND_HearthFires-Patch.esp
FalskaarRNDPatch.esp
RND_USKP-Patch.esp
iHUD.esp
UIExtensions.esp
SkyTEST-RealisticAnimals&Predators-Dawnguard.esp
SkyTEST-RealisticAnimals&Predators-Dragonborn.esp
Convenient Horses.esp
Dr_Bandolier.esp
Auto Unequip Ammo.esp
Footprints.esp
HearthfireMultiKid.esp
HearthfireMultiKid_Lastname.esp
Helgen Reborn.esp
Civil War Overhaul.esp
Immersive Weapons.esp
Guard Dialogue Overhaul.esp
Hothtrooper44_ArmorCompilation.esp
Hothtrooper44_Armor Ecksstra.esp
Cloaks.esp
Chesko_Frostfall.esp
EFFDialogue.esp
BarenziahQuestMarkers.esp
TakeNotes.esp
BetterQuestObjectives-DBForevertoMisc.esp
BetterQuestObjectives-EFFPatch.esp
TheChoiceIsYours_Dawnguard.esp
TheChoiceIsYours_Dragonborn.esp
Alternate Start - Live Another Life.esp
BetterQuestObjectives-AlternateStartPatch.esp
BorderSense.esp
Point The Way.esp
AOS.esp
AOS2_CoT3_1_patch.esp
AOS2_GDO Patch.esp
HjermChildBeds.esp
ProudspireManorChildBeds.esp
HoneysideChildBeds.esp
VlindrelHallChildBeds.esp
BreezehomeChildBeds.esp
Open Cities Skyrim.esp
OCS + Falskaar.esp
OCS + Immersive Armor.esp
OCS - 3DNPC.esp
Immersive Citizens - AI Overhaul.esp
Immersive Citizens - OCS patch.esp
RaceMenuPlugin.esp
RaceMenu.esp
vMYC_MeetYourCharacters.esp
Dogsofskyrim.esp
Catsofskyrim.esp
PerkusMaximus_Master.esp
PerkusMaximus_Warrior.esp
PerkusMaximus_Thief.esp
PerMa_USKP master patch.esp
PerkusMaximus_Mage.esp
Wyrmstooth - PerMa Patch.esp
PerMa_Survivalism.esp
BetterQuestObjectives-PerMaPatch.esp
PerMa Expansion 1-Wintermyst.esp
PatchusMaximus.esp

The mods I had most trouble installing were 3DNPC and PerMa, but once again, this happens when I am just walking around so I don't know if those could be the problem. Any suggestions?

By the way, my computer has pretty good specs so I don't think that is the issue.

Edited by Guest

Dawnguard.esm
Dragonborn.esm

I'm not sure whats going on there but that might require some attention.

It also looks like you're not using a bashed patched, i'm not sure if perma requires you to but i always generate one before creating the perma patch.

This guide might be worth a look through:

https://www.reddit.com/r/skyrimmods/wiki/beginners_guide

It seems like you're running a few script heavy mods as well, i'm not sure what the limits are but i'm very cautious with scripts running constantly.

About the saving, don't save over your old ones. I always create a new one and i've never had a problem with it, just delete the older ones when you're ready to.

Are you using any graphical mods? You could also be maxing out your vram, and if you're not using an enb, that would likely cause problems. Try standing still in game for a while and see if it simply crashes from that, preferably indoors like a player home.

If it does crash then there might be a script causing it. If it doesn't then it's probably from loading stuff in game, which could be vram or a number of other things.

Edited by XTCXTCXTC

Are you using any graphical mods? You could also be maxing out your vram, and if you're not using an enb, that would likely cause problems. Try standing still in game for a while and see if it simply crashes from that, preferably indoors like a player home.

If it does crash then there might be a script causing it. If it doesn't then it's probably from loading stuff in game, which could be vram or a number of other things.

The only graphical mod I'm really using is Climates of Tamriel, and also retextures for the children and armor. I tried standing around and nothing happened, and it crashes when I run around mostly so it might be vram, especially since I haven't really gotten a great graphics card yet since my computer is pretty new. Thanks for your help.

Also, my game sometimes crashes or endlessly loads on and after loading screens. Maybe this is a clue as to why it is crashing?

Edited by Guest

If you're getting infinite loading screens you're probably not using an enb. The main reason to use an enb in skyrim is for the graphical improvements, but it also helps skyrim with memory management (enboost.)

This guide should help you set it up: http://wiki.step-project.com/Guide:ENB

If you don't have a lot of vram you might stutter a bit, but thats a hell of a lot better than crashing. You can avoid some of the stuttering by setting VideoMemorySizeMb to your actual vram.

Be careful on the ReservedMemorySizeMb setting, i kept setting it too high and it was actually causing crashes. At the moment i have it set to 128.

If you're getting infinite loading screens you're probably not using an enb. The main reason to use an enb in skyrim is for the graphical improvements, but it also helps skyrim with memory management (enboost.)

it helps Skyrim WHEN you run a Enb^^, load all skyrim in 4k text.and EnbBoost will have hard time believe me^^

use Safety load instead if you're not running any Enb and even with one

for the Op

Sky test is a pain, because Vanilla animals were a Ctd cause back in the day and still, the mod author did good on rebuilding from scratch but ..recommend tu use his mod in a light load order, combined with Civil war, as appoloDown explain on his page, you must start a brand new game after installing his mod, you can't use it in the middle of your current game because it change every thing related and scripted.

auto unequip ammo is a ctd cause for some people after fast travelling

Foot print aswell, in some area

Convenient horse is using, on demand, a script lag check, you must be around 50 ms to be safe, run it, it's in the mcm menu

how much vram and ram do you have?

@@

it helps Skyrim WHEN you run a Enb^^, load all skyrim in 4k text.and EnbBoost will have hard time believe me^^

use Safety load instead if you're not running any Enb and even with one

If you have the hardware to support lots of 4k textures, i'm sure enb can handle it.

Safety load increases the size of the memory blocks, it does not offload some of the ram, nor does it handle it whatsoever.

SKSE has a configurable way of doing this now, and i'm sure the op has skse installed considering all the other mods that are installed. (making safety load not required)

I've been using auto unequip ammo for a few days alongside about 170 other esps without any crashes after fast traveling. The only crashes i encountered was while saving, and i believe i fixed that.

I might try removing auto unequip ammo and see if that makes any difference, i know i didn't notice more crashes after it was installed.

i didn't say AutoUA crash every game :) and that's the problem with skyrim, every game is unique when modded and react differently

then as of today Skse 1.7.2 do not includ anything of Safety load plugin, Skse is now build with the memory patch and do the same as SSME did not SL, Safety load is still worth to try out

for the 4k i have the hardware, but, from a basic setup to 150+ mods & almost every 4 k available with K enb Pure light, i'm not in the 2/3 scd load anymore :)

@@

Oh i see, i was getting the two confused.

I haven't gotten any infinite loading screens since i installed enb though, so it might not be necessary to install.

Found a post relating, if you're using the latest skse i believe the default settings for the heap is already increased.

http://enbseries.enbdev.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=13&t=2729

"If you use safety load this fix will most likely help you to replace it and not have any side effects."

Edited by XTCXTCXTC