Massive Vram Slaughter

metaton

I will try to do that, it seems some mod reduces fps by 20???

I have to find the culprit.

I turned on all textures and a light enb I get 60-55 fps.

With mods it goes down to 34.

Something creates a script lag? Hard to track down with 250 mods...

Edited by metaton

try to change your landscape textures from TRHD(if the one you use) to Vivid, i've had a problem with TRHD all in one, impossible to get it right, stuttering etc.. i think the file is corrupted, is use ViVId now and it's way better, 10/15 fps more

@@

Edited by korun

Okay.

Update.

It is NOT the crossfire.

I will leave this here for the future generations, if they will look for guidance. Never - ever, never ever mix custom skeletons with HDT system, especially with all the special XMLs.

It took me ages to figure it out and I almost gave up in the process. I just couldn`t find the culprit. I went all low res textures, switch back to a single card, got rid all of the mods (there was no problem then) and there was no solution. I expected to find a script heavy mod so I overlooked an NPC overhaul, which had a custom skeleton, hidden in the files. Of course it did not overwrite my skeleton, but it did a big part of the npcs so it was hard to find, cos in MO the XPMS skelly was not overwritten or conflicted.

The HDT system struggled to attach HDT effects to a custom skeleton, which hasn`t got nodes for it. This created a log/error spam, which constantly obliterated the fps.

So...if your FPS is constantly going down, until you start stuttering, look into the HDT log file in MO overwrite folder (within SKSE) If you got errors, you got NPCs to look at.

Crossfire is stuttering a bit, and I cannot use high res face textures, but still almost doubles the FPS up, so I think I will stick to it.

Thank you for your help guys.

By the way, Korun, Vivid textures are awesome, so thank you for that. It did not helped to sort the problem out, but it changed my boring Skyrim, so thank you for the recommendation.

Edited by metaton

By the way, Korun, Vivid textures are awesome, so thank you for that. It did not helped to sort the problem out, but it changed my boring Skyrim, so thank you for the recommendation.

you're very welcome, glad you've found a way to correct your problem somehow :)