Get rid of negative endorsements

ZuluFoxtrot

You'll forgive me then if I find that response impossible to believe. You expect people to buy that you're ok with being insulted to your face or criticized without a valid reason? Uh huh, life experience alone has taught me this doesn't end well for either party. NOBODY is that thick skinned.

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

While I do apreciate a sistem that gives us the posibilty to endorse/rate other people's work, I also think that some of the reasons or better said options you have when you want to give a negative endorsement are wierd, to say the least. Mayby a quick way to fix that is to replace those sentences with some that are actualy helping the mod authors. It's easy to judge someone, but we are all different and I can understand that some people care for the things they make. This topic is not about the reaction someone had when he/she got a negative endorsement, it's about finding a solution for this. I'd still like to have the option to give a negative endorsement, even if I don't remember ever giving one, but do so with reason. I am more like Fatalmasterpiece, since I could not care less, but I think that what Arthmoor said makes sense and he is entitled to care as much as he wants, after all, it's his work, we only do things like these becouse we like doing them, not becouse we must and seeing how some guy trash them can upset us, it's understandable. We should not give trolls even the smallest chance to do what they do best, troll.

Anyway, Dark0ne works on improving the site as stated here: Nexus 3.0

I hope that when these new changes will be implemented we'll also get a better endorsement sistem.

Cheers and beers,

Pushkatu

Hi!

I have difficulty imagining what kind of generic sentences can be of meaningful help to a mod author.

Real help is not something most people are capable or willing to offer.

You know, like a pm with a specific issue described and maybe even some solid advice on how to fix the problem.

I think the options currently are quite appropriate for what they really represent.

Well most of the time i don't negatively endorse if i don't like a mod, and if its broken/needs work, i just leave a comment and if the modder sees interest/fixes it. then i endorse it. The reason for this is the reasons for negative endorsements are too short and i mean yeah, i could pm the modder but if you've looked at some modders pm boxes there beyond full. and i agree with the OP, negative endorsements ATM are pretty useless. they provide no feedback,constructive criticism, just a polite way of saying "i dont like your mod muggleface >:(". thats my two cents

Didn't Dark0ne already write that negative endorsements are going away, and that a new review system will be implemented?

http://www.thenexusforums.com/index.php?/topic/265363-on-the-internet-trolls-and-finally-creating-an-effective-rating-syst/

Hi!

Thanks i had forgotten about that thread necroing it now :D

I see that the post above me has plagarised part of my own post on page 1 and is trying to advertise some garbage. Reported!

Haha that was quick. thanks myr!

Edited by baduk

Well dang, missed that one and thanks for the link.

I'm wondering though, how the new system is going to avoid someone giving 1-4 stars, then explaining perfectly reasonably why the file isn't up to their standards or needs vast improvement and having a flame war break out or the author getting upset that someone out there thinks their creation isn't as good as they thought it was.

Because the new system hints at requiring a minimum standard for a comment to accompany the review. So gone would be drive-by trolls who click the "it doesn't conform to my narrow minded world view" option of slapping someone with a neg for no good reason.

As it stands now, neg endorsements are near worthless for anything even though they have no impact on popularity placements.

That's pretty vague though. "Minimum standard"... ei AP, posts, community standing etc?

That doesn't seem like it would solve anything. There are people like me who despite being very active have no problem with telling it like it is... There are some very popular mods out there which cause bugs and deserve low star rating, and plenty of users who will get up in arms and start an argument. I'm looking at you pipboy Readius... >.>

The "minimum standard" mentioned in the post that covers the new ratings system was something like 100 words. With the person giving the rating also needing to have a certain number of posts and/or activity points. It would likely be enough to weed out the casual trolls that are currently causing all the problems.

If there are very popular mods causing bugs, surely you'd rather see someone forced to explain that rather than just check off "it causes conflicts" and leave it at that?