Alduin not showing up at game start

Saizetsu

I deactivated all the mods including dlc and alduin still did not show up the headsman was just standing there holding his axe waiting. Is this a somehow deleted script? Or did skyrim finally break itself after four years? The game worked just fine until recently. I neither installed nor removed any mods either from when this bug started occuring. I have even used a clean save with no mod scripts in it and still alduin never shows up.

Yes, i grabbed LaL as it is compatible with all my other mods. Odd im not missing any scripts or animations it just hangs up there.

A real pain to have a random break.

First thing to try - go to the steam site and run the verify game cache - it will automatically replace any missing game files for you. Then please wait until you have exited the Helgen/Intro/tutorial before adding any mods ( after you exit the cave) This fixes a LOT of problems people have with the Helgen sequence.

Besides. what were you planning on doing with that vorpal sword of instant dragon slaying and impenetrable adamantite armor of protection from dragon breath? Kill Alduin and massacre the guards, then jump over the wall and escape on your flaming winged nightmare horse? The game will just nope you right into a CTD if you try to do anything to change the script during the Helgen/intro sequence. So, just be a good dovahkiin and play along with the script until you finish the intro. Then you can go nuts with mods all you want ( well, almost anyway) :blush:

Can't find it?

All operating systems - Verify integrity of game cache.
1.Load Steam
2.From the Library section, right-click on the game and select Properties from the menu.
3.Select the Local files tab and click the Verify integrity of game cache... button.
4.Steam will verify the game's files - this process may take several minutes.
5.Once the process is completed, the Check Window will automatically exit.

Important: One or more files may fail to verify.

This is normal for most Steam games. The files that fail to verify are local configuration files that should not be replaced as part of this process. You can safely ignore this message.

Rabbit

Nope no files replaced. I attempted this and my mods consist of textures, lore weapons and armors a few quests and perma. Bout it. 176 in all, runs stable doesnt crash.

Just alduin no longer flying overhead to kill the headsman.

And indeed i tested what would happen once when it first came out by unessentialling alduin and killing him during helgen. Broke the entire game had to completely remove the game and reinstall. Was fun.

Not sure why he isnt showing up but i put LaL by arthmoor and skipping it is just fine alduin appears in all other instances.