Robco Certified Mod Malfunctions

freemailguy

I just ran a new character up to Mad Scientist lvl (14 I think) and it did the same problem; no message -> restart fallout -> build message -> goes black and comes back -> transformer is still there and no transformer bot. I guess its not on just my first roboticist character.

So now we know for sure that it is the mod itself that is failing. The main reasons for this are most likely:

1. The mod installation is messed up, either by a version mismatch, missing patch file or some other mod later in the load order has changed some variable its scripts are trying to use. But since you don't have anything lower in the load order, that leaves just bad installation. Have you double checked your version of FO3, FOSE and the mod are all the most recent available? If they are, that just leaves reinstallation, though I recommend doing it via the all-FOMOD method this time, if it should come to that. And running BOSS against that load order couldn't hurt.

2. The version mismatch is internal to the mod itself, i.e. the update to 2.42 broke something that the mechanist plugin was dependent on, and now the two aren't getting along. Only way to know this is for someone else who is running the same version and plugin to tell us it works for them. Doubt this is it, though.

3. You boiled live puppies in a past life and are now paying for all that bad karma. :devil:

:pirate: Yar! Not me karma. Them blasted puppies had it coming.

Uh hehe thxs, gotta reading list now. Merged patches, reinstalling FOMOD style (seems kinda easy), and checking all my versions. Really appreciate the help. Just got back from work so I will get u the results soon as I can. I bet all those uber mods are gonna make my eyes bleed but I want them, so here's wishin this gets fixed quick.

No prob. Strong suggestion for if/when you tackle reinstallation: use a totally methodical approach, where each and every mod archive file gets turned into a FOMOD, even if the archive only contains a single esp file. Use numbers in your FOMOD naming scheme to keep track of the order in which the individual FOMODS will need to be activated later, i.e. main file first, update second, compatibility plugin next, etc. If you do that for every mod you install it becomes very easy to make sure your install order is correct, and because everything was installed from FOMODs you can later uninstall mods easily and FOMM will have no trouble cleaning up after itself. Think "Terminator", going through every name in the phonebook one by one to get your target....be THAT kind of methodical with your installs. It pays off later, believe me.

I will try the reinstall for sure, terminator style (slow and ineffective), but I was checking out FOMM and my copy seems to crash for various things, reinstalled, uninstalled, installed in new folder, still crashy. Not sure but the forums at FOMM are full of similar crashy stuff and I was wondering if it might be 2 blame.

FOMM is crashing? Which version?

Edit: Seriously, dude. Starting to think you really did boil some live puppies, and not in a past life. This is sounding like somebody put some serious voodoo on ya.

@voodoo person who hexed freemailguy: I don't even like this dude. Leave me out of it. :whistling:

Edited by proconsu1

FOMM is crashing? Which version?

Edit: Seriously, dude. Starting to think you really did boil some live puppies, and not in a past life. This is sounding like somebody put some serious voodoo on ya.

@voodoo person who hexed freemailguy: I don't even like this dude. Leave me out of it. :whistling:

Version FOMM 0.13.21 and from looking at the FOMM forums this version has crashed for lots of peeples for bunches of reasons, and I haven't read a fix for this latest version yet. And those were the most vile and morally corrupt puppies to ever be brought into a PetSmart.

Of course they were vile and corrupt! They belonged to a voodoo high priest. Oh, crap, I hope that guy doesn't read these forums, or he'll be hexing me next. :wallbash:

I run .13.21 also, but it has only crashed once on me, when I was trying to update its masterlist. I fired it right back up and was able to continue working like nothing had happened. Can you keep FOMM running long to get anything done? If not, then you are gonna be forced to learn WryeFlash, dude.

Of course they were vile and corrupt! They belonged to a voodoo high priest. Oh, crap, I hope that guy doesn't read these forums, or he'll be hexing me next. :wallbash:

I run .13.21 also, but it has only crashed once on me, when I was trying to update its masterlist. I fired it right back up and was able to continue working like nothing had happened. Can you keep FOMM running long to get anything done? If not, then you are gonna be forced to learn WryeFlash, dude.

Hey was at work 4 about 38 hours straight (super fun job) and I have work in the morning, so thats why no update on this. I have reinstalled FOMM, FOSE, FO3 and used the package manager on FOMM to install Robco Certified and I have still had problems w/ the junkbots. Just won't show an oven, for example, as bot-able and no message when I swing my wrench, then I restart FO3 and it works, and the little easy baked oven is killin 4 me. Wish I could do more but I gotta hit the bed. Gonna read on merged patches when I get the chance, but I can't believe this mod would be like this. Might be an incomplete uninstall of FO3 or FOMM from what I've read.