ArchiveInvalidation Invalidated wont work, any ways around this?

TheJoe1990

Ok, I sit here and I look at the Data folder on my NV install, and I see the Textures and meshes .bsa, it seems like I should be able to extract them to the data folder and then remove the BSA completely, or extract them, insert my mods, and then repackage them. So far I have not had much success though. Help me?

First, is ArchiveInvalidation Invalidated affect textures, meshes, or both?

Has anyone done this? Any one got any helpful input?

EDIT: Also, maybe someone can walk me through what FOMM does to accomplish ArchiveInvalidation Invalidated, perhaps I can try it manually again.... FOMM ain't getting it done this time.

Edited by loco_hosa

steam made AI a bear in this game

best solution I've found is to use the one from FOMM (Fallout mod manager)

Turn off AI, then turn it back on (its hidden under the tools tab)

In this case that refuses to work. I am not new to modding, having done a good amount in fallout 3 and oblivion. I have been away for a little while, and I figured the best place to start was a body replacer so that I knew that AI was working... Lol. That was at noon :)

And yes, I turned it back on, then off again.

EDIT: Thanks for the quick reply!

Edited by loco_hosa

I had the same problem, kind of - make sure you have both of them on the AI.bsa and the Archive ect ect and then go to the FNV main directory

Open fallout_default in either notepad or wordpad ( Prefer wordpad, so much better )

and then do ctrl+f to find [Archive]

you'll see something similar to this

[Archive]

SInvalidationFile=

iRetainFilenameOffsetTable=1

iRetainFilenameStringTable=1

iRetainDirectoryStringTable=1

bCheckRuntimeCollisions=0

bInvalidateOlderFiles=1

bUseArchives=1

SArchiveList=Fallout - AI!.bsa, ArchiveInvalidationInvalidated!.bsa, Fallout - Misc.bsa, Fallout - Voices1.bsa, Fallout - Sound.bsa, Fallout - Textures.bsa, Fallout - Textures2.bsa, Fallout - Meshes.bsa

Copy that and replace the entire block from [Archive] down to SArchiveList=

Do this for Fallout.ini, FalloutPrefs as well in 'documents\my games\FalloutNV'

For me this fixed my archiveinvalidation problems, if one doesn't work - it'll fall back onto the other.

Hope this helps! =3

• 3 weeks later...