Can an AZERTY Gamepad be changed into QWERTY?

Can this Gamepad which is in AZERTY format, be made to work like it's QWERTY counterpart?

Obviously the buttons won't mystically change letters appearance, but...

Can the unique rounded nav keys can be:

Q, W , E

A, S, D when I press them

Instead of:

A, Z, E

Q , S, D

This gamepad is the only one I've felt comfortable using, but due to its age... I can't find one fairly priced in the US... and the german knock off can't ship to the US. :(

I live in the U.S. And found a Belgium version of my gamepad. Sadly it's in AZERTY. :(

Edited by Zero_Phoenix

You can remap key functions in Windows (examples: http://vlaurie.com/computers2/Articles/remap-keyboard.htm and http://www.technorms.com/31627/how-to-remap-your-keyboard), however if I remember right that's a global setting, so remapping "Q" to "A" would also likely impact your normal keyboard as well. Alternatively, you could remap the controls in whichever game(s) you'd like to use that gamepad for, which should achieve the same results. Depending on how many games this is, however, it may be a considerable time investment.

If the gamepad has its own software it may offer this kind of functionality as well (I've seen this on some gamepads/controllers over the years).

Well I don't think remapping individual keys is a possibility.

That gamepad is just a gamepad, not a full keyboard.

I'll have a keyboard and this gamepad installed.

I guess I'm trying to figure out: if I have a QWERTY keyboard already plugged in, can I change the AZERTY gamepad to work in QWERTY, so that the few buttons that change between formats read correctly.

You can check to see if the computer views the gamepad as just another keyboard (e.g. open up Word and push buttons on the gamepad) - it very likely does, in order to ensure compatibility with games/applications. So remapping would work then, but it would affect both devices. Remapping in-game, e.g. changing W for some other character to move forwards, would also be an option to align things with the gamepad. But again, would have to be done for every game.