The Witcher 2 Assassin of Kings

Crashes my desktop PC, despite the fact that the game detected my hardware and selected Ultra. I only got as far as the intro with Geralt getting interrupted whilst making friends with Triss before the battle. I have just got to have some hardware fault somewhere.

So I have no option but to redownload on the gaming laptop. I am certainly going to have to look at a new desktop build.

• Replies 283
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm not keen on using the ALT key for anything, I tend to hit the Windows key.

Has anyone found any storage? I'm carrying around a load of stuff for crafting that I'd like to be able to store somewhere.

Gahh, I'm getting jealous. Only one store chain in the entire island and they only took preorders. No TW2 on the shelves. :wallbash:

@jim_uk- the 1st game had storage in town inns/pub. I'm guessing you're in a forest or just got out from the sound of it. I could be wrong so post back if you find out, I wanna know too. :biggrin:

I was wonder is witcher 2 worth buying?I´m hard to please when it comes to gaming XD mainly because games are really really expensive where I live(console games can go up to 80 euros and pc to 50 euros) so I have to think hard about what I´ll buy, I tried witcher 1 and hated it, the graphics were terrible and the combat system too (my opinion) Graphics look really good on witcher 2 the only problem to me is the combat system, is it different?I like combat systems similar to oblivion for exemple. Edited by scot

Gahh, I'm getting jealous. Only one store chain in the entire island and they only took preorders. No TW2 on the shelves. :wallbash:

@jim_uk- the 1st game had storage in town inns/pub. I'm guessing you're in a forest or just got out from the sound of it. I could be wrong so post back if you find out, I wanna know too. :biggrin:

The first thing I did when I got to the first town/village was run to the pub (oh how art imitates life :D) but there is no storage there, the bloke behind the bar only trades. Surely players aren't expected to carry everything needed for crafting and alchemy around with them all the time?

I was wonder is witcher 2 worth buying?I´m hard to please when it comes to gaming XD mainly because games are really really expensive where I live(console games can go up to 80 euros and pc to 50 euros) so I have to think hard about what I´ll buy, I tried witcher 1 and hated it, the graphics were terrible and the combat system too (my opinion) Graphics look really good on witcher 2 the only problem to me is the combat system, is it different?I like combat systems similar to oblivion for exemple.

The combat is more involving than the first game but to be honest it's not great, the more I've played the more the lack of responsiveness and Risen style "staggering" has annoyed me. I've stopped playing for now, I'm at a boss fight and the unresponsive controls, idiotic amount of damaged dished out, annoying QTEs and terrible camera have turned it into an exercise in anger management. Hopefully the combat will be fixed in a patch as many people are complaining about it, until then I'm going to find something else to play.

I was wonder is witcher 2 worth buying?I´m hard to please when it comes to gaming XD mainly because games are really really expensive where I live(console games can go up to 80 euros and pc to 50 euros) so I have to think hard about what I´ll buy, I tried witcher 1 and hated it, the graphics were terrible and the combat system too (my opinion) Graphics look really good on witcher 2 the only problem to me is the combat system, is it different?I like combat systems similar to oblivion for exemple.

The combat is more involving than the first game but to be honest it's not great, the more I've played the more the lack of responsiveness and Risen style "staggering" has annoyed me. I've stopped playing for now, I'm at a boss fight and the unresponsive controls, idiotic amount of damaged dished out, annoying QTEs and terrible camera have turned it into an exercise in anger management. Hopefully the combat will be fixed in a patch as many people are complaining about it, until then I'm going to find something else to play.

I see, well the isen battle system was nice, if it´s like risen it´s ok, yes I remember the camera from witcher 1 was annoying.I´m going to wait for the price to go down, that way I can see more reviews and stuff.Thank you for the reply.

I see, well the isen battle system was nice, if it´s like risen it´s ok, yes I remember the camera from witcher 1 was annoying.I´m going to wait for the price to go down, that way I can see more reviews and stuff. Thank you for the reply.

The camera is OK normally but in this boss fight the devs are far too keen on showing off their monster and have forgotten about the player. Risen was OK because the controls responded quickly so you could get a hit in and stop the constant staggering, here you just get staggered constantly because the controls only work when they feel like it and usually target anything but the what you want to hit. Rolling away is easily stopped by enemies in the way, you can cast signs to get out but only if the game decides to recognise that you've pressed the button. This boss fight has the player trapped in a small area, unable to see what is going on properly, one hit takes out half of your health and on top of that they inflict a QTE on you.

I may retry with a 360 controller, I get the feeling the game was designed with consoles in mind.

Off topic: New smilies. :dance:

:psyduck: