The Witcher 2 Assassin of Kings

Alright

Word of warning, its an average mouse masher. You will learn that soon enough, evading and parrying will keep you alive. TW2 combat is MERCYLESS. Feels refreshing to have a challenge for once. And i am playing it on normal.

Graphics: 10/10. gorgeus, when i try ultra i get 5 fps ^^ So i run it on tweaked High/Ultra, and man its absolutly gorgoeus, the DoF is nuts!

Story: Won't spoil that

And i can gloat on few things ^^

Having finished TW1 and imported my save game, i get to have Ravens Armor from my old save :D I also have Aeodigh (the Silver Sword that the lady of the lake gives us) and the Dyabel (the End Scimitar we recieve).

• Replies 283
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wow Hellsmaster, you only get 5FPS on Ultra with THAT card? I get more than that with my ATI 4850. But yep, the graphics are stunning and I am still stuck mashing the buttons in the tutorial (see previous posts). And if only Bethesda would use body models as good for Skyrim...

Mine's working fine but it took a while to play with no disk. (Note: the DRM allows it to be played with no disk, it's the same one that is issued with EA games and others)

@jim, it automaticly downloads and updates into your folder. It happened to me.

It's supposed to but all I got was the activation patch, there's a thread on GOG now asking why the Steam and Russian versions have a higher version number. A gog rep said the patch is included in the GOG version, he hasn't explained how that can be when a lot of people pre loaded before the patch release.

@HellsMaster don't bother reinstalling Windows, many are having the same issue so it's obviously the game. One suggested solution is not to run it full screen.

Well i am forced to install Windows again anyway, Jim. I am having real issues apart from TW2 performance. AND it might help out.

A good thing to see when you launch the game is: NIVIDIA.... HOW ITS MEANT TO BE PLAYED! BAM! which could possibly mean the game has been optimized for Nividia GPU and not ATi.

I am not complaining tho, the game is a sight to behold on High/Ultra. And i do hope there will be a ATi performance update either from ATi or CDP. Makes me think of Bulletstorm ATi Glitches which where never fixed.

Well i am forced to install Windows again anyway, Jim. I am having real issues apart from TW2 performance. AND it might help out.

A good thing to see when you launch the game is: NIVIDIA.... HOW ITS MEANT TO BE PLAYED! BAM! which could possibly mean the game has been optimized for Nividia GPU and not ATi.

I am not complaining tho, the game is a sight to behold on High/Ultra. And i do hope there will be a ATi performance update either from ATi or CDP. Makes me think of Bulletstorm ATi Glitches which where never fixed.

It's very strange, the game runs great on my 5870 but others with the same card and higher are having performance problems.