Installing Problem

pussyranger

last week i decided to get oblivion in all its moded beaty again and play a bit.

after installing lots of mods i noticed i failed in some parts. and deleted it by right click > delete

today i wanted to reinstall it. i reainstalled oblivion itself

but having problems installing KOTN and SI :*(

at the install / exit proposit it gives only Uninstall / exit so my only choice is to cilck to unstall it which repops up without doing anything.

i went to system controlls and deleted it there from priogram list but that kinda didnt helped :*(

anyone knows something i could do ?

Not much info to go on I will assume you have the retail GOTY version. Which comes on 2 DVDs

First, unless you have WinXP DO NOT install into the default location. Both Visa and Win7 habe UAC protecting that default location and it will cause multiple problems when you start installing mods. Instead install to C:\Games\Oblivion :whistling:

Install Oblivion from the oblivion disk. Then test it, do not install any patches or mods yet. Exit the game normally, do not use any other way to exit the game at this point or you will lose any changes made to the Oblivion.ini by the install. :confused:

After testing to make sure the game works, put in the second disk and install Shivering Isles. Don't worry about the other DLCs yet, as they are just mods made by Bethsoft. Part of the SI install in the GOTY installs the latest patch for you , so no need to install ANY patches. Again, Start the game and play a bit to test. Again exit using the game exit and no other way. This not only makes sure it installed properly, but lets the game generate the Oblivion.ini that it needs to work with your hardware.

Now, before installing any DLCs or mods, BACK UP your data folder. This can save you from having to reinstall ever again. Just copy the contents of your Oblivion\data folder to a new folder you make - name it something like Original-data. :thumbsup:

Now you are ready to install things like OBSE, OBMM, BOSS and any mods. :tongue:

If you have some other version, let us know so we can give you the proper installation tips.

Preass Start / Run and type in:

%localappdata%\Oblivion and delete the DLCList.txt file. Next, copy and paste the spoiler contents into Notepad and save it to your desktop as removedlc.txt then rename the file to removedlc.reg . Now double click on the .reg file and confirm to merge into the registry. You should now be able to reinstall SI and the DLC.

Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00

[-HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Bethesda Softworks\Oblivion - Horse Armor Pack]

[-HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Bethesda Softworks\Oblivion - Knights of the Nine]

[-HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Bethesda Softworks\Oblivion - Mehrunes Razor]

[-HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Bethesda Softworks\Oblivion - Orrery]

[-HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Bethesda Softworks\Oblivion - Shivering Isles]

[-HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Bethesda Softworks\Oblivion - Spell Tomes]

[-HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Bethesda Softworks\Oblivion - The Fighter's Stronghold]

[-HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Bethesda Softworks\Oblivion - Thieves Den]

[-HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Bethesda Softworks\Oblivion - Vile Lair]

[-HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Bethesda Softworks\Oblivion - Wizard's Tower]

Edit: Corrected reg contents.

Hickory ... I was just checking in one of my Windows texts regarding using a .reg file to delete a registry key. When I look a your suggested .reg file I see the hyphen (-) outside the brackets

(e.g. -[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Bethesda Softworks\Oblivion - Horse Armor Pack]). Are you sure it shouldn't be inside the bracket (e.g. [-HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Bethesda Softworks\Oblivion - Horse Armor Pack])??

Edited by Striker879

Hickory ... I was just checking in one of my Windows texts regarding using a .reg file to delete a registry key. When I look a your suggested .reg file I see the hyphen (-) outside the brackets

(e.g. -[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Bethesda Softworks\Oblivion - Horse Armor Pack]). Are you sure it shouldn't be inside the bracket (e.g. [-HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Bethesda Softworks\Oblivion - Horse Armor Pack])??

ACK! Of course it should be. That'll teach me to quickly scrabble something up in notepad without checking it over thoroughly -- I should have known better. Thanks for pointing that out, Striker.