Body Meshes

StanIsTheLaw

I am gradually working my way through the process of making a custom race. I have one problem which has me beat at the moment.

Are you able to add a different body types to your race other than the standard? In other words my new race has a different body shape to the standard human form which is the same for elf/imperial/nord etc. I am sure it can be done because my ice elves have a slightly different body shape.

In the CS, under race, I can only find where you assign textures, but not meshes, hence I have everything except the new race has the same body type as all my other human types (except ice elves).

Thanks in advance for any help.

All Race's share the same male or female body mesh, only textures vary. There are a few ways around it via scripting ect but its abit of a pain to do. They only simple changes to body shape you can do is weight and height

I believe you can also change the skeleton for your race, which can adjust proportions.

You can certainly assign body type on a by-race basis, take a look at the stuff DrakeTheDragon has done for his Scripted Argonian feet mod, and have a good look into the scripting. I currently use a HGEC AA-cup for Argonians, and HGEC E-cup for other races, but i could have just as easily installed BAB or Roberts female in place of the AA-cup. If you change base body type, you *DO* have to install a compatible clothing pack too, or you'll have clipping issues.

Edited by MarkInMKUK

Any BSA extractor should be able to do that. I think there's one in OBMM? However, you might prefer to install and use one of the maximum compatibility skeletons - I use THIS one, They handle the various body replacer mods nicely, and can add extra features which may be useful. Edited by MarkInMKUK

"You can certainly assign body type on a by-race basis"

I don't know much about scripting, sorry. I just wanted to change the upper body type for one custom race, I know the nif mesh works, it is just a matter of assigning this to the race type. Could you post a sample script or more detailed instructions please?

Thanks in advance for any help.

I know naff all about scripting myself, I just know that DrakeTheDragon has managed it in that script someplace. If you pm him maybe he'd be willing to talk you through it. You WILL also need a matching clothing replacer too, or the clothed body won't look any different.

"I currently use a HGEC AA-cup for Argonians, and HGEC E-cup for other races"

If you could please explain how you did this, then that will probably be all that I need.

Thanks.

Likely 'scripted, wearable, non-playable body part trick'.