[X] Enhanced Weather - REBOOT.esp

[X] Fellout-Full.esp

[X] Tsurugi2handed.esp

[X] Player Speed Mod.esp

[X] enhancedsnipersandsilent.esp

[X] Aviators.esp

[X] Achievement Remover [All].esp

[X] Merged Patch.esp

I know it's the Merged Patch because when I disable it, my fallout doesn't crash like normal (it goes to the main menu, whereas usually it doesn't show and program doesn't respond).

How do i fix this issue? It also says in Mod Manager, in merged patch box: WARNING: This plugin has file extension .esp, but its file header marks it as an esm! This is probably the issue?

Thanks for feedback :)

EDIT: now 80% of the files in Mod Manager say this :(, so game doesn't work now even after disabling merged patch.

Edited by jmarsiglio

Can't quite put my finger on it but something looks wrong with your FOIP setup for MMM-FOOK. I think you should consult the readme on the FOIP for that one; I suspect that one or more of the individual component esps was supposed to have been deactivated when you installed the FOIP files. Also, the unofficial patch does not always work and play well with multiple FOIP mods, so I would recommend killing it and its DLC plugins. After dealing with those two things I would then install and run BOSS to double check that load order and generate a list of potential compatibility issues. Then finally make a new merged patch and give it another go.

I suspect that what is happening is that there are two or more esps there that should not be activated simultaneously, and the merged patch is just the place where this inevitable collision is being seen.

Edited by proconsu1

*sigh... I dunno it doesn't really say anything about disabling some... Wait, isn't merged bash like oblivion bashed patch where you have to disable them, and instead you use your patch because it loads them instead? Ohhhh I dunno :( so sad :'(

Lemme check here and make sure I am completely up on current events: You had crashes, but when you deactivated your merged patch they went away. Making a new merged patch brought back the crashes, and now you are concerned that the lack of a merged patch is going to cause more trouble down the road, while having one is killing you. Is that a fair summation?

If it is, then I suggest we revisit your question about Bash patches, which was an Oblivion thing where occasionally an esp's content was indeed merged into the patch and the original esp deactivated. But other times the esps content was merely tagged for list merging and conflict resolution, but the esp remained active. So WryeBash classified some esps as "mergable", while most were handled in similar fashion to what FO3edit does. If you are familiar with how to make a merged patch with WryeBash, then I suggest you throw out your current merged patch, get and install both BOSS and WryeFlash (the port of WryeBash for FO3) and jump on the way back machine to your Bash patching days.

BOSS is really a necessary next step in any case, cuz it is the best (only?) tool out there for tracking mod incompatibilities and conflicts. So get that and run it first. It will sort your load order (but prolly not make much in the way of changes to it) and then generate a listing of all your current mods with notations on known issues, conflicts and incompatibilities. If will also compile a masterlist of mods with the appropriate Bash tags for all of them, which will be useful in the next step.

That next step is where you get on the way back machine to your Oblivion days and use WryeFlash to make yourself a merge patch. Since you will already have an up to date masterlist with all the appropriate Bash tags for your mods, you should be ready to jump into it with both feet.

I will swear on your sister's virtue that if the WryeFlash merged patch also fails, that the only method that will possibly fix your situation for good and all is a complete reinstall of FO3, your DLCs, the 1.7 patch and all your mods from scratch. And if that becomes necessary, then this time leave out the unofficial patch, cuz it tends to be buggy with multiple FOIP mods running simultaneously. Unlike Oblivion overhauls, many of which required the unofficial patch to work right, all those FO3 overhauls were written for and tested on vanilla 1.7. That is why not a single one actually requires the unofficial patch.

BTW, I just noticed that FOIP has an update posted for FOOK2 1.1, so if you are forced to reinstall you may as well move on up to the shinier version.

Before I left home this morning, I managed to install wrye flash and boss and create the batched patch, and what do you know, my mouse curso and main menu work :) Not sure about playing the game yet though. Thanks a bunch for your tremendous help. Just one thing I'd like to ask if you don't mind. In Wrye Flash, in the bashed patch creation menu I selected all the components, is this okay? Also, what mods would you recommend ( that I am missing ). And I'm going to delete unofficial broken steel patch because I've heard it's bad XD Edited by jmarsiglio