NPC Looting Script

Cyberweasel89

Prolly the easiest way would be to report your own post using the button in the lower left. Or if yer in a hurry you could just post a reply here asking the thread be locked, then go repost the thread in the other forum. The former is better forum netiquette, but I don't think there is near enough moderator time to deal with things quickly here, so the latter is prolly ok.

I asked a nice staff member to help me. It's done. Thanks, The Vampire Dante!

Now... I need to find the script or feature that handles NPCs and followers looting the corpses of other NPCs. It's essentialy I find it for my mod, but I've done multiple searched and found nothing.

Can anyone please help?

I asked a nice staff member to help me. It's done. Thanks, The Vampire Dante!

Now... I need to find the script or feature that handles NPCs and followers looting the corpses of other NPCs. It's essentialy I find it for my mod, but I've done multiple searched and found nothing.

Can anyone please help?

There's no script for looting. It's part of AI behavior. There may be a gamesetting that you can change to adjust the behavior. A better way might be to equip their weapons in a way that forces them to use the one you want. Are you trying to get your followers or NPC to maintain a strict melee or ranged combat style?

I'm trying to make a mod that allows you to adjust the frequency of NPC and follower looting. To either turn it off so that all loot stays where it is unless you say so, make all NPCs realistically fight for loot, and several levels in-between.

So it would be in the Game Setting section of the game files is what you're saying?

Edited by Cyberweasel89