The Matrix

OddGuy

I really liked the Matrix: Revolutions. Critics say that this movie didn't have a story line, but i think they should stop looking at the one movie, and look at the whole saga. If you look at them all together, the story line is brilliant. I think the first movie appeared to have more story line because it had to do all the explaining.

I also thought that the movie was worth it for the once scene where the ship rose over the clouds....LOVED IT!!!...it just made me feel so...i dunno...happy. lol...yeah well anyway, great movies IMHO!

Luminus

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Maybe now the Wachowskis are secretly working on a movie-screen adaption of Enter the Matrix...very cool, but unlikely.

I thought this because I read a review for the game that said, "It's ironic: Reloaded would make a better game then a move and Enter the Matrix would make a better movie then a game." That's why I thought that and brough it up in this post.

I think that the biggest problem with the films's critics is that they don't stop to think about the movie. They just call it an action flick, give it their rating and forget it. This doesn't do justice to the matrix saga. To fully appreciate the movies, you have to understand them, and understand every little intricacy presented by the characters. To many people see the film, don't get it, and reckon that it must be crap just because they don't possess the intellect to grasp the many meanings and messages delivered by the film. So basically, I guess that makes us all one big genius club :D

I think that the biggest problem with the films's critics is that they don't stop to think about the movie.  They just call it an action flick, give it their rating and forget it.  This doesn't do justice to the matrix saga.  To fully appreciate the movies, you have to understand them, and understand every little intricacy presented by the characters.  To many people see the film, don't get it, and reckon that it must be crap just because they don't possess the intellect to grasp the many meanings and messages delivered by the film.  So basically, I guess that makes us all one big genius club  :D

For sure, I was sitting infront of some people in the cinemar talking about the movie They had no idea, they were saying all this stuff that was so wrong. It made me angry...people should think about it, and try to understand it, because there is alot of meaning, thought and symbolism that has gone into this saga. I agree 100% with you Reborn.

Luminus

There was no story line, its just big zion fight, and morpheous and niobe etc. riding there ship to save them! Then Neo ," Um yah guys i gotta go to the machine city" "why" "dunno, just gotta go." ...

Also I agree with you Luminus, although I didn't really like the last one, the second was OK. But all critics do is look for what the majority wants: ACTION!

There was no story line, its just big zion fight, and morpheous and niobe etc. riding there ship to save them! Then Neo ," Um yah guys i gotta go to the machine city" "why" "dunno, just gotta go." then he gets his eyes ripped out yet he can see some things in the matrix code, yet he cant even see trinity on the floor with three poles jammed threw her! Then at the end what happens to him? I think I want the DVD for this to see if there are any special features that will explain somethings...

Also I agree with you Luminus, although I didn't really like the last one, the second was OK. But all critics do is look for what the majority wants: ACTION!

In case you hadn't heard, the Wachowski brothers were'nt making movies to please critics, they were making them for the fans with the intelligence to percieve the less obvious components of the plots and dialogue. The Matrix films were never mean to be for the masses, they were always planned as films to satisfy the fans! I personally didn'f find it very hard to understand. If you were confused by it, have a look at my first post in this thread, wich you should have already read if you're posting here.

Another thing, why did you agree with Luminus, when everything you said in your last post contradicts his view of the saga? <_<

The first movie became a hugely successful film, and now many people hold in on their personal "Olympuses" of films. It was a great movie (and I'm not a fan of the Matrix series).

But the second and third ones does not seem to follow the same line as the first. It seems to me (and it's a PERSONAL opinion) that those two last movies (and specially the third) were made with the "incomings" in mind. A good cult movie does not need a 40 million $ scene to be good. It's more the other way round: they become very good movies with few budget.

That's what I think about the last two. I saw Reloaded on the cinema, but I will save those 5 Euro I first planned to spend on Revolutions to see the third LotR film (which I was going to see anyway ;) ). And so many people who say the last film's no good can't be wrong.

I wasn't agreeing with the Luminous on his perception of the movie, but rather what critics look for in a movie. :)

Also i wasn't confused with the movie (except for why they ruined the saga) it just seemed a little strange, the "story line" and all, in the last one it kind of disintegrated... B)

There was no story line, its just big zion fight, and morpheous and niobe etc. riding there ship to save them! Then Neo ," Um yah guys i gotta go to the machine city" "why" "dunno, just gotta go." ...

I agree with this post 100%. There was no storyline in Revolutions. Just the special effects. And a deeper meaning, while there was plenty of that in the original and Reloaded, seemed to be lacking here too. In the end all there was was "Neo saved us!!!!", and you have to use your own imagination and make up your own theories about how or why that happened since the crappy dialogues had very little depth.

Archived