The Matrix

OddGuy

Anyone see it? What did you think, or what do you think you'll think? Frankly, I loved it, but I doubt I'll be saying that in 2 weeks (I just got home after seeing it 2 hours ago), but... wait. I liked Episode 2 right after I saw it. Damn it, Revolutions sucked........ <_<

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Comparing Matrix: Revolutions to Episode 2 is like comparing Van Gogh to a kid in 5th grade art class. It's just not a good comparison.

I saw it tonight, and I really liked it. The characterizations are so much more developed than they were in Reloaded, and the philosophy is worked in much better.

If you want to read what a fat red-headed guy thought of it, go to www.aintitcoolnews.com.

I saw it last night; first showing where i live (only the best B) ). I agree with DreamOfTheRood; the philosophy works really well in this version: people will be debating it for the next century. I was a bit let down by the kung fu scenes; the opener was good but the last battle sucks (although, that right hook must have REALLY hurt). However, the robot battle scene was one of the best i've ever seen.

Interesting fact

The robot fight scene cost $40,000,000 to make :o , and is 40 minutes long. For those who cannot do simple arithmetic, thats $1,000,000 per minute of film :D .

Its a good film, but The Matrix original was and will always be the best.

It was very disappointing to the fans who expected the same quality to the first film... which was pretty much everyone. I've been seeing loads of reviews and interviews of actors who think thta if they could have fitted both films together as one, the experience would have been much more satisfying.

I loved the Matrix, was slightly bored but not confused (one-in-a-1000 person who actually understood the Architect's speech) by Reloaded, and really enjoyed the battle scene in Revolutions, but thought the kung fu scenes were a complete letdown. This is definetly a fan film, but the robot scene is definetly (sp) the highlight of the movie. If you live in the UK, find a Cineworld and watch all three in a row. Quality filming to waste a day with B) . Enjoy yourself.

Saw it Wednesday and while it was good, it left me with the feeling it could have been better. The defense of Xion/chase scenes where ace, but not the original film.

Overall: 7/10 Could do better. A good evenings entertainment, but not what it could have been

I personally thought it wasn't too grand. They were just pulling reasons for things out of their ass...I mean c'mon, why should ALL that stuff happen? WHY can Smith all of a sudden fly? Why does Smith assimilating Neo all of a sudden destroy all of the Smiths? Why would the machines ACTUALLY make peace with the humans? HELL NO. They need the humans for energy, they wouldn't let them choose to be free. They would just take advantage of the opportunity and end the war in their favor. God, what were they thinking....

Archived