Help!

laurar

Hello everyone! I've had Oblivion for a long time now, and have downloaded many mods.

I've looked just about everywhere for a solution to my problem, but with many other people who have posted it, they have yet to be answered.

I started a new game, and everything was going fine. I was starting on the main quest, and just got to the point where I had to take Martin to see the monks at Weynon Priory. I fast travelled from the camp at Kvatch to the Priory, and saw Eronor running at me like usual. When I began to walk toward him, the game crashed. I felt annoyed, but knew that this happened from time to time. So I re-loaded my auto-save and fast travelled. I began walking toward him again, and poof, I crashed to desktop with a black screen.

Again, I re-loaded the game. This time it only gave me 3 to 6 seconds to move before it crashed, regardless if I fast travelled or not. Figuring it was a technical problem I searched around the internet for a solution. I found the same question with the same problems, but they had gone un-answered. In the game I used the console command "coc testinghall" to travel right before it crashed. When I arrived, it did not crash, and I thought I had fixed it. I then used another command "setstage MQ04 30" to complete the quest around Weynon Priory. Thinking I had figured this bug out, I continued on my way to Cloud Ruler Temple. When I arrived, it crashed.

It seems the game will not let me continue on with the Main Quest. Is there any solution or tip as to fix this? Help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you for your time.

I checked the UESP Walkthrough for the Weynon Priory quest and didn't see anything specific to your problem listed. I have seen advisories in other quests about fast travelling giving problems. I know walking from Kvatch to Chorrol is about as exciting as watching paint dry on a cold day, but do you have a save prior to the autosave which you can try using 'Shank's mare' to get to Weynon Priory? Considering you've consoled the quest ahead this may not help but it's worth a try. Maybe you'll get lucky and the game will drop every last extra bandit it has in it's 'inventory' between Kvatch and Chorrol ... I know it seems to do that for me whenever I'm not looking for a fight. :tongue:

Fast travelling with Martin and/or Jauffre is fraught with bugs. Do not fast travel with Martin to the priory, and do not fast travel with Martin and Jauffre to Cloud Ruler temple, or you are asking for trouble.

I then used another command "setstage MQ04 30" to complete the quest around Weynon Priory. Thinking I had figured this bug out, I continued on my way to Cloud Ruler Temple. When I arrived, it crashed.

Were Martin and Jauffre with you?? If you look at the stages for the quest listed in the walkthrough I linked you'll see this is a quest with many individual stages inserted checking Martin's and Jauffre's progress, not the players. The dimmed out ones are non-journal (you get no notification in your quest log) but are essential steps that the scripts need to advance through. Use caution with 'setstage' ... know what you're doing beforehand.

Thank you all for posting. I will try them out and see if they work. Im very gratefull! :) If they do not work, I'll come back and maybe we can figure something out. Hopefully, that will not be needed. Thanks again!

Edit: It worked like a charm! I'm so happy to be able to continue saving the world. :D thank you all very much!

Edited by laurar