New Vegas Hunting Ground

AllanOcelot

http://i231.photobucket.com/albums/ee91/kisori/Phillip.jpg

http://i231.photobucket.com/albums/ee91/kisori/Phillip0002.jpg

Hats and the badge, you can make it look like a deathclaw if you want. There's the Game warden uniform, with the quiver.

That looks great =D

Im going to use these in a moment :)

To the post on the last page asking about joining the team, its simple.

What role do you wish to apply for?

Just post back and I shall pm you the details :).

And thank you wayne for offering to help with sourcing items for me, I plan to ` build,' a lot of the items myself, but your plan to attrack more members is a great one =D

Hi guys,

And update here.

At the moment im making the hunting lodge.

You will notice that im making a lot of the main mesh's first, and some people may be doubting progress on this mod.

The reason im doing all the `visual,' main points first is so I get the drive to complete this project.

At the moment I am in a serious crossroads as to this mod being for oblivion or fallout new vegas.

Its more suited to oblivion - hunting with bows, I could make near limitless armor for oblivion.

The only thing keeping me working on new vegas, is the fact it is realativly new ( bigger playerbase) and the fact if my mod gets out there, people will enjoy playing it for a longer time.

Also, I am going to be doing AN ONLINE LESSON.

for anyone intrested, its going to be one/two hour class on how to make an object in blender, a static object.

Port it over inro nifskope. Get it into the geck. And get it working in game.

If your intrested in this, or know someone who it, Simply send me a pm, it will all be done via livestream ( I used to stream minecraft for qubetubers ;-)) and will be live. So yeah. if you fancy learning some new skills. come along :)

-also, its going to be on tuesday. Somepoint in the day. GMT 0 time =D

Quick update;

I just finished work on the floor texture....

Took a long time, but its tiling nicely, here is a quick 2d demo ( the floor from above via photoshop)

Obviously, The beams are above the stones, the normal map shall reflect this.

This may seem weird, but im going for the hunting lodge type of feel here guys, so stick with me aha.

Learning to texture is hard, I thought id be painting a lot omre things, but its all filters.....memorising a lot of filters >.<

Anyway, here it is, Im going to start work on the walls tommorow.

Then It wil be sprucing up the hut, e.g - adding eye candy - lamps on walls, pictures.

After that comes clutter.

The actual bones of the quest is easy stuff to do, so im kinda leaving that last. I already have the reward and hunting method figured out.

Please post any comments guys =D

Author note: - the original texture is one of those four blocks. its four times the size, hence four times as much quality. And, the image below is jpeg. youve been warned =D

Hi, this project is pretty interesting and I have a few ideas.

As a side challenge, you could add a survival-wave-defense area. I think it would work out pretty well, kinda like Nazi Zombies or Invasion on Unreal Tournament 2k4, just with wildlife after you.

As far as it's location why not put it in Colorado? You could take a boat to it like the legion fort.

Hi Urbex.

I was thinking of doing that for the location, and building the actual hunting location as an island and spliting it up.

it would seem great minds think alike, I also had the idea to use the legion boat ride as away of getting to my island.

Ive not even set foot in the geck yet as ive been busting my .....chops with textuing and modeling.

Once ive got the basic mesh's and textures - e.g the hunting lodge (where you collect rewards and such) done I can move onto the build.

For version 1.0 - Im going to make a small secluded walled off area, Creatures will spawn in this area, In shall give them diffrent attributes, not mess with the mesh's yet and just play around.

I will make these new creature have unique items... example being `lizard skull,' as a chance of being dropped on a lizard.

You will use these individule parts ot create a new armor/or sell them for caps.

Heres another update.

I finished the texture for the walls of the hunting lodge buildig(s).......I say it as a pural because I do plan to reuse this texture, with variations to create a couple of new walls here and there.

The planks tile perfectly If you are curious ;-)

Im happy to say im enjoying my new look on texturing and Its really proving to improve on my modeling experience.

I AM STILL LOOKING FOR TEAM MEMBERS so get in touch.

Also, im doing voice work on tuesday for the best part of half a day, so No real progress there im afraid. enjoy the eye candy and tell me what you think . :)