Issue with AI Packages

Deleted6715141User

I'm trying to get a guard to guard a location and use the animation "2hrrifleloiter" or whatever with a custom hunting rifle, but whenever I do set the package and test in game, the AI doesn't use the animation and he just sits there, but while guarding.

And I'm trying to get an AI to sit in a specific chair in the same cell as the guard, but the AI won't sit in said chair...

Any suggestions/help?

I don't believe there is an idlemarker for that anim so you would have to make one. Open Miscellaneous and Click on Idle Marker. Open what ever idle you want rename the ID and remove all idles in it then right click and add new it will bring up the idles you can preview them with any actor in the drop down the 2hrloiter is in there double click it and save your new idlemarker. Next place the marker down and link ref the NPC to it (make the NPC persistent and the idle marker as well. place the npc on top of the marker facing the same way as the arrow and it should work.

Good Luck,

Geoff

EDIT - Just saw the Default2hrGuardIdleMarker it plays several anims but if you just want to loiter you can simply rename and remove all but that one from the idle marker.

Oh well if you just want it to patrol with it drawn use an xmarker or xmarkerheading path them together and add the package DefaultPatrolWeaponDrawn. Here's this https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rXTo5i-NtzI You can also use the idlemarker as a pathing marker and add a patrol idle length to it so they stay there for x-amount of time using the idles (you can also use the markers to have them stop and turn around (rotate the marker) for a few seconds before moving to the next marker).

I'll try, the video I linked tells you pretty much what I will.

1. Add DefaultPatrolWeaponDrawn Ai package to the NPC. (They will patrol with whatever weapon is in their inventory)

2. Place your NPC into the cell/world where you want to start the patrol and mark the NPC as Persistent. (Double click the npc in the cell window and check persistent)

3. Place an XMarker (if you don't care what way they face if you put an idle time on that marker) or place an XmarkerHeading it has an arrow indicating which way the NPC will face if they idle.

4. Now double click on your NPC tab to Linked Ref and click the choose from render window it will bring up a small crosshair it will be red on exempt objects and turn white on applicable ones. Click on the xmarkerheading. A line will appear between them.

5. Link that marker to another marker so on and so forth making the path you want the npc to patrol.

Optional - You can place the idlemarker you made (make it persistent just like you did with the NPC) instead of an xmarkerheading in the path chain you make.

Optional - To add an idle timer for markers double click on the marker you want to have a timer on and click the patrol tab. Check the idle timer and add how long you want the NPC to idle for.

I hope that helps a little. I explained the best I could without being in person I'm a tactile learner/teacher

Good luck,

Geoff