Fix for Skyrim crashing instantly with enb on Windows 10

williamlee

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 157
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...
  • Set ExpandSystemMemoryX64=false in ENBlocal.ini.

• Ensure your ENB is configured correctly, See here.

• Turn off any overlays or programs running in the background, intellipoint, GPU fan managing software. You may try Afterburner, (tested)

• CTDs troubleshooting page on Reddit, depending on what's happening in game, choose the subsections that describes the best your problem.

• Install crash fixes with the UseOSAllocators=1

• Install Direct-x 9 C.

If you have nvidia card and still have problems. Check if you have shadowplay on! Turning it off and installing directx 9 worked for me on windows 10!

Hope this helps, OP you might want to add this to your "TURN IT OFF" list :smile:

oh and ExpandSystemMemoryX64=true works fine for me

Edited by xxnani

If you have nvidia card and still have problems. Check if you have shadowplay on! Turning it off and installing directx 9 worked for me on windows 10!

Hope this helps, OP you might want to add this to your "TURN IT OFF" list :smile:

oh and ExpandSystemMemoryX64=true works fine for me

ExpandSystemMemoryX64=true doesn't work with sheson's memory patch and is useless if UseOSAllocators=1 (from CrashFixes) so leave it at ExpandSystemMemoryX64=false if using one of the previous fixes.

Edited by Project579

• 3 weeks later...

Still doesn't work for me, instant ctd after bethesda logo... I made a random folder and installed the DX into it, then I ran the DXsetup. I wan't supposed to do anything after that was I?

Also I installed in on a different drive than Skyrim, that might be an issue?