Fix for Skyrim crashing instantly with enb on Windows 10

williamlee

No idea how people are still having these issues. I have NEVER had any problems even immediately after switching.

Aside from the 4GB memory limit with DX9 windows 10 works just fine. WITH enb.

I recommend a clean install of windows. That means format after upgrading.

Install DX libraries. (too install just extract the files to a folder and run the DX setup file) thats it your done no other steps required

Configure ENB local correctly.

Install the correct windows 10 specfic drivers for your system.

and everything should work fine. This isnt rocket science. I am not a genius by any means but this thread makes me feel a lot smarter lol.

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 157
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You are a god. Wasted 3 days of my life trying to make both my girlfriends and my Skyrim look 2016-ish. Everything worked (kinda) until I got to the ENB.

You fixed it!

You should see the smile on my Girlfriends face while she's walking through Skyrim on her 3-day-old game-PC. You made our day!

Thanks!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

No idea how people are still having these issues. I have NEVER had any problems even immediately after switching.

Install DX libraries. (too install just extract the files to a folder and run the DX setup file) thats it your done no other steps required

and everything should work fine. This isnt rocket science. I am not a genius by any means but this thread makes me feel a lot smarter lol.

Well Said! :smile:

• 3 weeks later...

ooooo - this thread might have just tipped the see-saw of indecision I've had whether to stick with my trusty old win 7 64 bit OS or move to Win 10 before the free upgrade period ends soon. I think I'll be keeing my Win 7...

I recently reverted my desktop to Win 7--all problems gone. Not going to Win 10 again period

Well Said! :smile:

Great opinion, and glad it all works for you. I did the above steps during a long period of trying to fix issues, and it didn't work for me...

• 1 month later...