Fix for Skyrim crashing instantly with enb on Windows 10

williamlee

• Replies 157
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

okay.

figured out, that going back to previous version of the nvidia drivers, solves the problem, BUT:

now I have strange graphic issues, and a lot of stutters and framedrops again. Out of a sudden trees are turning black and blocky and lightsources disappear (all at once).
I tried to solve the problem with installing the newest realvision 0.279b, but it didn't helped :-(

EDIT: I updated directX9 also from June 2010, to the 9.0c version. After i did that (and RESTARTED THE PC(!!!) ), it all worked fine again...
strange mofo-s#*!

Edited by ZoSar

okay.

figured out, that going back to previous version of the nvidia drivers, solves the problem, BUT:

now I have strange graphic issues, and a lot of stutters and framedrops again. Out of a sudden trees are turning black and blocky and lightsources disappear (all at once).

I tried to solve the problem with installing the newest realvision 0.279b, but it didn't helped :-(

EDIT: I updated directX9 also from June 2010, to the 9.0c version. After i did that (and RESTARTED THE PC(!!!) ), it all worked fine again...

strange mofo-s***

The "CreateDXGIFactory2" error is to my understanding linked to a sweetfx compartment of some enbs, specifically to dxgi.dll. It is a proxy for DirectX 10 and 11. I got the same error too after updating to Geforce driver 355.82 and was able to "fix" it by simply renaming dxgi.dll to dxgi_backup.dll. Of course this disables sweetfx, but the graphical impact was not too big in the "Seasons of Skyrim" enb. The effect might be greater in some others so just rolling back the drivers might be best in some cases.

I have to be honest though, I was pretty sure this issue was caused by windows updates that came on the same day (and was too lazy to test rolling back the drivers), but fortunately this is not the case, so we have the option of rolling back if needed.

Thank you for the great information, good to have alternative fixes and let's hope Nvidia fixes this issue soon. :)

• 2 weeks later...

Just wanted to put a quick reply in on this topic. I was running into the same issues and tried everything here. I was not having any luck. Finally I stripped all my MODs out and had just ENB running. It worked fine. I added them all back one at a time and found that the game would crash on any save load if I had PureWaters or Skyrim Flora Overhaul installed. As soon as I stripped those MODs out the game loads and runs fine.

Just wanted to put a quick reply in on this topic. I was running into the same issues and tried everything here. I was not having any luck. Finally I stripped all my MODs out and had just ENB running. It worked fine. I added them all back one at a time and found that the game would crash on any save load if I had PureWaters or Skyrim Flora Overhaul installed. As soon as I stripped those MODs out the game loads and runs fine.

Likely, your two mods peaked out your hardware resources or a few tweaks in ENB might help.

• 4 weeks later...

Installing the DirectX version didn't help, it still crashes for me. The odd thing is that it happens when I try to use Opethfeldt or VandB, both of them uses special esps to work. Spectra ENB worked without any crashes, so I'm really confused :sad:

Edited by azizen