Libyan Civil War

Aurielius

Yes, I just checked out the links. So King's College London and the LSE accepted donations from Ghadaffi? Big deal! I know that we in Britain have the reputation of being ill educated, but we still have an awful lot more universities than that.

And I LOL'd at that bit where Mad Mo is saying that his good buddy Sarko is off his pram. That really is the pot calling the kettle black.

Darius, your views are still profoundly disturbing, not to mention contradictory. On the one hand you clearly support the iron fist type of rule that allows no form of dissent nor opposition and grinds down the conquered. You idolise Ghadaffi. On the other, you mention the massacre of Serbs, who were the conquered, in Vojvodina. Now you are quite right in saying that this massacre was a monstrosity and a war crime. So how on earth can you support regimes of the very type that perpetrated such an atrocity?

The fact is, I don't support autocrat regimes, I support iron law, that is just one of the many segments in one regime.

I wouldn't kill my political opponents if I were a ruler, nor I would put them in prison or have them expelled from the country. If people aren't satisfied with my rule, I would step down, without waiting for elections to take care of me. But if a mass gathers and wants your head for no reason, calling their meeting a peaceful revolution, then I would act seriously. No killing innocents or killing at all if it is not needed, such rigorous ways are the last option in dealing with those kind of situations. Why would anyone kill people if not provoked and pushed over the limit with a situation which is life threatening? I'd sent some serious police force and impose some discipline, until we sit down and to resolve the situation peacefully.

And yes, Serbs were massacred in Vojvodina. By a foreign <<<<< force, not internal one. They were killed on direct order of Hitler and the rest of Axis gang. They were killed in ways beyond a nightmare.

Gaddafi didn't threw his people in a frozen river, nor he made them to swallow rusty nails, neither called on a mass rape or killing little kids with hammers, for no reason. He didn't kill 70 000 people for his own amusement.

He is fighting a war over there, and in war, people die. On both sides. They die from bullets , shells, mines, etc. They don't have to torture each other just to be dead, they shoot on each other , simple as that.

He did a fair game tonight. Offered the rebels to leave the country in peace. And I do believe that many of them will leave their strongholds without worrying about their lives.

He could have call upon a total extermination, but he didn't. That makes him different then the dictators you think he is connected with. Describing like you do, I imagine someone like Pol Pot, not Gaddafi. And there is a huuuuge difference between the two.

Libyan war is over tomorrow, hopefully, and I do hope that people will walk Libya freely again and to work their jobs and spend time with families. It is a long road to recover, but it can be done with a good will and dedication .

Moranda

He's fighting a war against his own people, he's killing them so he can cling on to power. The term "Despot" fits him prefectly. I feel sorry for those who stood up to him, no doubt they will soon be disappeared.

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well. at the stage this situation is, i wonder how its going to end.

Knowing that Gadafi is the ruler over there means one thing: Money.

With money he can do anything. The Lybian army has refused to shoot on the rebels as they are fellow Lybians, know what? Well easy, he hired mercenaries.

I know many Lybain people, they are devastated about whats happening down there. Apparently the mercenaries they have hired are African ( i think) i they conduct horrible act on people they catch.

I just hope this madness stops.

Yes, I just checked out the links. So King's College London and the LSE accepted donations from Ghadaffi? Big deal! I know that we in Britain have the reputation of being ill educated, but we still have an awful lot more universities than that.

And I LOL'd at that bit where Mad Mo is saying that his good buddy Sarko is off his pram. That really is the pot calling the kettle black.

Darius, your views are still profoundly disturbing, not to mention contradictory. On the one hand you clearly support the iron fist type of rule that allows no form of dissent nor opposition and grinds down the conquered. You idolise Ghadaffi. On the other, you mention the massacre of Serbs, who were the conquered, in Vojvodina. Now you are quite right in saying that this massacre was a monstrosity and a war crime. So how on earth can you support regimes of the very type that perpetrated such an atrocity?

The fact is, I don't support autocrat regimes, I support iron law, that is just one of the many segments in one regime.

I wouldn't kill my political opponents if I were a ruler, nor I would put them in prison or have them expelled from the country. If people aren't satisfied with my rule, I would step down, without waiting for elections to take care of me. But if a mass gathers and wants your head for no reason, calling their meeting a peaceful revolution, then I would act seriously. No killing innocents or killing at all if it is not needed, such rigorous ways are the last option in dealing with those kind of situations. Why would anyone kill people if not provoked and pushed over the limit with a situation which is life threatening? I'd sent some serious police force and impose some discipline, until we sit down and to resolve the situation peacefully.

And yes, Serbs were massacred in Vojvodina. By a foreign <<<<< force, not internal one. They were killed on direct order of Hitler and the rest of Axis gang. They were killed in ways beyond a nightmare.

Gaddafi didn't threw his people in a frozen river, nor he made them to swallow rusty nails, neither called on a mass rape or killing little kids with hammers, for no reason. He didn't kill 70 000 people for his own amusement.

He is fighting a war over there, and in war, people die. On both sides. They die from bullets , shells, mines, etc. They don't have to torture each other just to be dead, they shoot on each other , simple as that.

He did a fair game tonight. Offered the rebels to leave the country in peace. And I do believe that many of them will leave their strongholds without worrying about their lives.

He could have call upon a total extermination, but he didn't. That makes him different then the dictators you think he is connected with. Describing like you do, I imagine someone like Pol Pot, not Gaddafi. And there is a huuuuge difference between the two.

Libyan war is over tomorrow, hopefully, and I do hope that people will walk Libya freely again and to work their jobs and spend time with families. It is a long road to recover, but it can be done with a good will and dedication .

Moranda

He's fighting a war against his own people, he's killing them so he can cling on to power. The term "Despot" fits him prefectly. I feel sorry for those who stood up to him, no doubt they will soon be disappeared.

Actually, rebels fired a first shot and police responded with force, then rebels started to rob the stores and to steal weaponry from the police stations and army bases, with many of them being armed already.

'Despot' is not a term, it is a title of a ruler in Byzantine Empire and Serbian Empire from medieval times. It defines someone who is a huge land owner, not a dictator or an autocrat.

Maybe they should have asked nicely if they could possibly have the same freedoms we all take for granted? I'm sure that would have worked. As for "Despot" I suggest you look it up in the dictionary, he fits the description perfectly.

Despot: a cruel and oppressive dictator, "a tyrannical government", "a form of government in which the ruler is an absolute dictator"

Absolutly. People and Arabs call rulers like that Fake Arab rulers and also have a Arabic word for them which is "Jabar" meaning tyrant. People also hate those rulers as instead of helping their fellow Arab countries they sell the petrol to the West and fill their pockets. Arab people hate the Saudi Government for that reason. Because it could be helping millions of innocent lives but the dont.

- HellsMaster

Maybe they should have asked nicely if they could possibly have the same freedoms we all take for granted? I'm sure that would have worked. As for "Despot" I suggest you look it up in the dictionary, he fits the description perfectly.

I don't have to look in the dictionary, because I am serbian, Serbia was ruled by despots through history, and that was just a title, it exist here since Emperor Dushan The Mighty. In Byzantine Empire , it was a common title, nothing else.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Despot_%28court_title%29

and example

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stefan_Lazarevi%C4%87

That's Despot Stefan Lazarevic.

''''Stefan Lazarević (Serbian: Стефан Лазаревић) known also as Stevan the Tall (Стеван Високи, l. 1374 – 19 July 1427) was a Serbian Despot, ruler of the Serbian Despotate between 1389 and 1427. Despot Stefan was a poet and a moderniser. His reign and his personal literary works are sometimes associated with early signs of the Renaissance in Serbian lands. He introduced knightly tournaments, modern battle tactics, and firearms to Serbia.''''

As for libyan protesters, they could have find another solution, boycott, peaceful walks or public meetings every day, instead of chopping heads and and taking hands for trophies, closing women in mosques and forcing them to have their faces covered all the time, without permission to go out.

Gaddafi led a bloodless<<<<revolution back when he overthrew the King. If a 'mad dictator' could make a coup without a single blood drop to fall on the ground, then these newborn killers could have made it the same.

Update- There was a public meeting in London in support for Colonel Gaddafi and it wasn't on the news, though, there are pictures everywhere on the internet.

I don't have to look in the dictionary, because I am serbian, Serbia was ruled by despots through history, and that was just a title, it exist here since Emperor Dushan The Mighty. In Byzantine Empire , it was a common title, nothing else.

http://en.wikipedia....8court_title%29

and example

http://en.wikipedia...._Lazarevi%C4%87

That's Despot Stefan Lazarevic.

''''Stefan Lazarević (Serbian: Стефан Лазаревић) known also as Stevan the Tall (Стеван Високи, l. 1374 – 19 July 1427) was a Serbian Despot, ruler of the Serbian Despotate between 1389 and 1427. Despot Stefan was a poet and a moderniser. His reign and his personal literary works are sometimes associated with early signs of the Renaissance in Serbian lands. He introduced knightly tournaments, modern battle tactics, and firearms to Serbia.''''

As for libyan protesters, they could have find another solution, boycott, peaceful walks or public meetings every day, instead of chopping heads and and taking hands for trophies, closing women in mosques and forcing them to have their faces covered all the time, without permission to go out.

Gaddafi led a bloodless<<<<revolution back when he overthrew the King. If a 'mad dictator' could make a coup without a single blood drop to fall on the ground, then these newborn killers could have made it the same.

Update- There was a public meeting in London in support for Colonel Gaddafi and it wasn't on the news, though, there are pictures everywhere on the internet.

Yeah, thats funny isnt it. Id love to know how those people would react when they are the one being crushed by a tyrants fist. In my book, thats who i call a hypocryte.

-HellsMaster

Gadaffi would rather murder his own people just to stay in power. That's the sign of a tyrant and a coward.

Although ultimately, I do believe having a war to bring down Gadaffi would ultimately lead to another War on Oil. Exactly how it is in Iraq and Afghanistan.