ℹ️ Intermittent Download History issues ×

Fallout 3 freezing

septim66

Hi, I am having a problem every 1 to 3 minutes, and my game freezes. I can't move, I can only hear sound and have to restart my pc because I can't exit the game. I am using no mods, only DLC, and I have GTX 460, 3.04 GHZ and other stuff that I won't bore you with, but I'm sure my pc can play the game, I used to play it a lot on my old pc, I am also on windows 7 64 bit, and yes, it is a legal version.

Sorry, posted in the wrong forum.

Edited by septim66

Sounds like you need the tech support forum, then, not the mod troubleshooting forum. That said, look at the common things first: fragmentation, background processes (like virus checker running an automated scan), drivers and overheating of the CPU and/or video card. If you are being forced to reboot then there is more going on than just a problem with the game. The worst the game itself should be able to do is crash you back to the desktop. Edited by proconsu1

I'm currently having the same issue. Tried quite a few things to solve the problem.

I know it's definately not because my system is running out of memory, the game itself is only using about 25% on top of the base 32% that I use with all processes open. I've knocked that down a little bit now by disabling a lot of things to no solve.

I'll let you know if I find out the issue - It does sound more hardware related/virtual memory related on your side though.

I have a few ideas, but I'll only consider defragmentation if the problem persists. Afterwards, it will be an uninstallation of the game as I'm sick to the back teeth of another one of Bethesda's games being mighty unstable. They knew of this Gamebryo problem since Morrowind, but they continued to use it anyway. I hear New Vegas is much worse, which is why I didn't bother in the first place with that.

Edit: Turns out it was a corrupted ESM. DIsabled accordingly, now seems to be working better than ever. :P