Triple dose of Fallout: New Vegas DLC is coming

sasa8585

Hey, post apocalypse RPG fans, here’s some good news for you irrespective of which platform you play New Vegas on: Bethesda have confirmed that three new batches of DLC will be coming for Obsidian’s Fallout: New Vegas. A few weeks ago, a patent application surfaced which held numerous hints at future DLC for the title; Bethesda has since confirmed what everyone had already been guessing at.

The great news is that the next three instalments of DLC will not be timed exclusives for the Xbox 360. All three batches will be coming to the PlayStation 3 and PC at the same time. But what of the first load of DLC for PlayStation 3 and PC, Dead Money?

Dead Money launched on Xbox 360 in December last year, much to the annoyance of PS3 and PC gamers. The first instalment of DLC will arrive on 22 February for those two platforms. PC users will find the DLC via Steam or Direct 2 Drive, and PlayStation 3 gamers will obviously pick up the content via the PSN.

As for the new DLC, they will be entitled Lonesome Road, Honest Hearts and Old World Blues if the patent filings are anything to go by. You’ll have to speculate as to what they’ll entail because Bethesda has said that they will be sharing more information on them soon and that we can expect them “in the coming months”.

Here’s hoping the extra content will add something to the existing game; while it’s a good Fallout RPG, I have been feeling as if there’s something missing. And feel totally bad about that because I loved the hell out of Fallout 3. This one is just not grabbing us like its predecessor did.

Here’s hoping the extra content will add something to the existing game

minus all the problems that Dead Money gave a lot of people.....

maybe they can release all these ones actually bug free, without making them available for download, then updating them every 3 days, because of problems...

Quess we'll have to wait and see how these ones are :whistling:

I want them to populate the western expanse of the map that has absolutely nothing in it. They gave us a huge map in NV, yet they only developed the center of it with most of the west and everything east of the Colorado empty and inaccessible. Also, there is no life to the wasteland. Every creature and NPC has a very set location. You don't find anything just wandering around the desert and the lack of random wasteland encounters really sucks. I don't know if that was done on purpose to make the Mojave feel empty or if Obsidian just didn't put the effort into New Vegas that Bethesda did for Fallout 3.

I want them to populate the western expanse of the map that has absolutely nothing in it. They gave us a huge map in NV, yet they only developed the center of it with most of the west and everything east of the Colorado empty and inaccessible. Also, there is no life to the wasteland. Every creature and NPC has a very set location. You don't find anything just wandering around the desert and the lack of random wasteland encounters really sucks. I don't know if that was done on purpose to make the Mojave feel empty or if Obsidian just didn't put the effort into New Vegas that Bethesda did for Fallout 3.

I'll also be disappointed if they don't do something with the map. There is so much untouched area that could really have been put to use for the game. It's totally wasted space. I was really shocked by how small the actual map area is especially considering the lack of expansive underground areas.

I also feel what hurt this game was the inability to continue playing after the main story. Yeah, yeah I get that it would have been more complicated to program in all the possibilities. Regardless it still put a limit on it and that doesn't work well for this style of game.

I agree, the map in FNV compared to Fallout 3 feels on the outer edges, extreme empty, unfinished and pointless.

Additionally I find it lame to encounter three Zeta Aliens, who yet wield Tri-beam laser rifles (the captain fortunately an actual Alien Blaster) and do not even have any voice sounds like the Aliens did in Zeta.

I looked into the G.E.C.K and yeah, no sounds files for them, how lame is that....might as well have not implemented these boring Aliens into FNV at all....

But in general, the Mojave Wasteland is a extreme dull place, the real fun only being had Vegas and surrounding area and a few other places.

Not enough enemies, not enough action, not enough underground areas like Fallout 3 and so many darn buildings in the Vegas Ruins yet not enough of them able to be explored because they are purely scenic.

I had to port a lot of the F3 mods I have to FNV to make the game worthwhile, because I can't stand running around for 10 minutes without some action, not to mention create my own custom radios because 20x songs of the vanilla radio gets boring and old very fast.

And don't get me started on Mr. New Vegas... ( no disrespect to Wayne Newton but he is rather a boring Radio Host....)

All in all, FNV compared to F3 feels like a lot more could have been done before it was released and I feel the game would have come out better had Bethesda actually made the game instead of Obsidian.

Although I do must say, Dead Money has been so far my favorite DLC storyline wise next to Zeta, so no complaint there.

PS: One thing that really annoyed me and made me wonder how it could have been forgotten and has not been fixed is the fact that there are no recipes for HP and AP rounds when you get the hand-loader perk, even though there should be recipes for it.

I have to run a custom mod to fix that, but yeah, at default, no recipes for additional ammo in the G.E.C.K so the hand-loader perk only would benefit you to get more materials out of ammo that you break down, which is pointless anyways, since what enemies could you use the ammo on, if you have to look for 10 minutes or more to even fine one enemy lol?

Often I wish modders like Martigen, Zulufoxtrot, Orel and others who made mods like MMM, 20th Century Weapons, Zombie Apocalypse and so on were running Obsidian and Bethesda, because then we would have a game the way we would want it to be.

Edited by enclave1488

To everyone whining about the expanse to the west. That's the divide. It's coming in what will probably be either the next or the last DLC.

Next maybe as there was a lot of stuff related to the divide mentioned in Dead Money.

Maybe last as it appears the battle at the divide is meant to be the end of our story. At least it appears that it may be due to how its referenced in Dead Money.

Here’s hoping the extra content will add something to the existing game

minus all the problems that Dead Money gave a lot of people.....

maybe they can release all these ones actually bug free, without making them available for download, then updating them every 3 days, because of problems...

Quess we'll have to wait and see how these ones are :whistling:

I doubt that. We all know that the Fallout series love bugs. So, I'm almost possotive that our patience will be tested yet again.

• 3 weeks later...

I hope they come out with another Point Lookout-style DLC. By this I mean:

1. I want to be able to go back and forth

2. A lot of new gear (you could count DM's new content on your fingers)

3. A sufficiently large world-space (can't see from one side to the other); you could actually get lost in PL's bogs and swamps

4. New Recipes (DM got that part right)

5. And finally...playtime! I finished DM in one sitting, a little longer woulda been nice

Call me picky, but I don't want Bethesda... ahem Obsidian, sorry, to waste my time with piss-poor DLC