problem with the Ads.

FallingDevil

Okay, so i usually use Nexus to download mods for Fallout 3. I like the site and i would like it to stay open. but lately i've been having a serious problem. one so serious I downloaded an Ad blocker just to fix the problem. that problem is that for some odd reason, the ad at the bottom of the nexus site will disappear and what sounds like three or four of that same ad will play at once, which will severely lag my computer and render the page i'm on unusable. please diagnose soon. i really don't like using an Adblocker on a site that supports itself via ads...

The ads on the Nexus are regional specific. What you see isn't necessarily what I may see in the ads. Try to get a screenshot of the offending ad and post it so that Dark One can attend to it.

Another option is to purchase a one time Supporter Subscription to the site for $2.00 USD (http://www.nexusmods.com/games/users/supporter/?). This will support the site and you will never see an ad again.

Rabbit

The ads on the Nexus are regional specific. What you see isn't necessarily what I may see in the ads. Try to get a screenshot of the offending ad and post it so that Dark One can attend to it.

Another option is to purchase a one time Supporter Subscription to the site for $2.00 USD (http://www.nexusmods.com/games/users/supporter/?). This will support the site and you will never see an ad again.

Rabbit

Alright, i'll try to do so, thank you for the response.

The ads are getting crazy. Pretty much when I come to this site everything is constantly loading. Most of the time trying to click on downloads just makes it become unresponsive.

If you are having issues with an advert please refer to my post above.

Rabbit

No. now it is a matter of principle. these ads are BS! You do not need to bombard our computer with ad spam. even on the free" server. throttle download speeds ...ok. some ads.. if you must. but is now out of control. making the site almost useless.

No. now it is a matter of principle. these ads are BS! You do not need to bombard our computer with ad spam. even on the free" server. throttle download speeds ...ok. some ads.. if you must. but is now out of control. making the site almost useless.

I suggest using AdBlock or another legitimate ad blocking application until the problem is rectified. The staff here has responded to your post so they are aware of the situation. Until they find a remedy there is no reason for you to suffer.

Edited by WursWaldo

I suggest using AdBlock or another legitimate ad blocking application until the problem is rectified. The staff here has responded to your post so they are aware of the situation. Until they find a remedy there is no reason for you to suffer.

Please keep in mind though, they were told to provide screenshots and generally more information about the ads they see, which has not been given yet.

If they activate AdBlock or similar right now, before doing that, then the dev staff will have "nothing" to go by in order to pin down the fault and find a remedy.

The staff cannot see what you see, when they're not in the exact same region you are in, and maybe there's even yet more things further differentiating what ads you'll be presented by the ad provider than only region, and they have also no means to make it so they see what you see either. So if you don't give them more information about what it is that's causing the trouble, they won't have anything to go by and fix it.

The problem is the "Ad" it self. There are 2 in every window. they never load completely so it causes the Browser (Explorer or Mozilla) to freeze and wait. sometime several minutes. Then if the AD changes in the middle of a download, sometimes it corrupts the files of freezes altogether. then you have shut NMM down restart and do it all over again.