Recommend some mods

djariel1

Hey I just re-installed my oblivion again after I saw Skyrim (Dammit Bethesda)

I want to know what are some good/must-have graphics mods??

I want to make oblivion look as goos as it can look.

Also any AI changes or Model changes (like better bodies) recommendations would be nice too.

There are just so many mods I don't know what to DL.

If you are just after visual tweaks to Oblivion, QTP3 is the biggest visual overhaul. There are things like Slof's Oblivion robe Trader that tweak one specific area, but they need searching for by category (and Slof's file is hosted offsite).

If, however, you want to push your computer to the limits, and add to the world, try installing the full Unique Landscapes compilation, and THEN a texture pack on top.

There are also night sky replacement mods (several), water replacers (several), weather replacers (All Natural seems to be recommended most often) and vegetation tweaks.

If you want to add to the cities too, add Better Cities and the compatibility patches.

Improving the "feel" of Bravil can be done by installing Bravil Blood and Mud Anglais.

Beyond that, it's adding in individual additional castles. villages, etc.

Body mod wise, it depends what you are after. The Roberts Male body is excellent, as is the Roberts Female body. If you are after the "surgically enhanced" look, the Exnems/HGEC series of eye-candy bodies have the sucked-in waist and inflated boobs some people prefer. Remember you'll need to add a stock clothing replacer for whichever you choose, and some custom armors may not be available to suit your chosen body. You can, however, improve vanilla faces immensely by installing Tamriel NPCs Revised (and possibly Hotter Younger NPCs - female)

Have fun

Edited by MarkInMKUK

QTP3 Reduced Redimized and Unique Landscapes Compilation will give you best graphics, especially if you already installed OBSE, OBGE and some of the Shader mods. Tweaking the Oblivion.ini file will also enable/improve many graphics features, at a cost of performance.

Did you see the mod recommendations in List of Mod Lists?

Edited by vvk78

Another that is absolutely required is Detailed Terrain. I think that's the name, I can't check right now. It merges the different terrain textures in a more realistic looking way, rather than one fading into another.

ALso OBGE is pretty awesome if your computer can handle it.