Best and Worst Guilds

soulknightX

The 'A Mage's Staff' is one of the simple short type quests. The options you have for your staff are listed on this UESP Wiki walkthrough. At the time I thought a paralyze staff would be kick-a$$, but I scarcely ever use it. I picked up an area affect 1 second paralyze staff that's far more effective (works as crowd control and you don't have to hit your target, just close). Your mileage may vary, depending on how often you get out a staff rather than something sharp (or heavy). Without a blank staff I don't think you'll be able to use Frostcrag to enchant a staff (it won't enchant an already enchanted item ... same as the Archane University).

The 'A Mage's Staff' is one of the simple short type quests. The options you have for your staff are listed on this UESP Wiki walkthrough. At the time I thought a paralyze staff would be kick-a$$, but I scarcely ever use it. I picked up an area affect 1 second paralyze staff that's far more effective (works as crowd control and you don't have to hit your target, just close). Your mileage may vary, depending on how often you get out a staff rather than something sharp (or heavy). Without a blank staff I don't think you'll be able to use Frostcrag to enchant a staff (it won't enchant an already enchanted item ... same as the Archane University).

the mages staff quest is the only time a staff is created in the game, and that staff is pretty limited, rindars staffs are only ones you can buy, taking the staff from fallen victims. Frostcraig does not have a way to create a staff, or I don't know of any staffs that are not already magic items in the game

the mages quest with Frostcraig expansion is pretty useless.

• 2 weeks later...