Strange BBB Behaviour

BlueGunk

Hi folks

After much head-banging (and much thanks also to some helpful people on this site) I have my BBB set up and it works beautifully in 99% of the game.

Except for one weird thing. During an Inventory Screen (with the Character on the right as usual) her breasts give a kind of sudden big twitch-bounce upwards every 5 or so seconds. And her backside does a kind of weird jiggle too. I wouldn't mind this but when said character stands still / idles in the game, she starts doing the same and it looks kind of bizarre. Further, Companion Vilja does exactly the same twitch in idles and conversation sequences when in BBB compatible clothes! Now I like my BBB - but I was after a more natural, human sort of movement! This is just irritating. :verymad:

I had set up Seductive Idle BBB in the hope I would get a gentle sway like as seen on You Tube example (rather bigger boobs) like this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CrIeIgCsJTY

(with apologies to the YouTube poster.)

I have set up mods including Seductive Idle BBB 1.0; Seductive idles 1.0; Sensual Walks for NPCs 1.0; Seductive Idles Extreme 1.0. I have tried turning them off individually in OBMM but it does not change it. I'm aware I might have overdone it here but the Seductive Idles work fine. The Sensual Walks might be a fail - can't see them operating.

My BBB set up came through HGEC body with BBB v 1.11 34442 (Rivelle), HGEC v 1.21 for Raven character (that overwrites some 1.11), (Raiar), NoMaam BBB Animation Replacer in the hope they would overwrite the UFF_FF00 that came in Rivelle's HGEC body.

I have all the updates and patches, too.

Short of taking off BBB, please has anyone any ideas how I might solve this weird twitch?

Many thanks,

Clive

... I'm aware I might have overdone it here ...

Agree, you have overdone it :wink: Simply using a lot of BBB/anims/.. at once and hope you get the best of them all simply does not work. Body meshes/skeleton/animations are not as easy as outfits or weapons. Their content cannot be separated, and interfere with one another. You have to go wit selected mods and follow their instructions.

But to help you straighten it out, here some comments.

As striker said, you can reduce or eliminate the idle bounces by using different versions of NoMaaM's idle.kf. But the butt ... that's a different issue. Apparently you use a body with butt bounce, but then you better don't use NoMaaM at all. Butt bounce meshes use the breast bones to stimulate the moves, which apparently is a very bad idea as soon as you are using "expressive" breast animations as in NoMaaM. Ever seen a woman's butt swinging or moving in circles?

Seductive idle BBB / Extreme? I dont see them here on Nexus. But I assume BBB is only a BBBed version of the original animation files. If so, it's clear why it won't work: the mod "seductive idles" uses different Idle Animation conditons to initiate different Idle animations (which are located in your _male\idleanims folder). If you want to use BBBed animations you have to find them in _male\idleanims and replace then by the BBBed files. In any case, seductive idles don't run exclusively (like idle.kf), and they don't run in the inventory window (unless you have a specific mod to change that)

Sensual walks don't fail. If you have done it right, they will work. In fact they will "overrule" all attempts to use a BBBed standard walk (like UFF or NoMaaM)

You don't overwrite UFF with NoMaaM. They are mostly disjunct.. UFF's focus is on movement, NoMaaM's on combat.

Hope thay helps :thumbsup:

... I'm aware I might have overdone it here ...

Agree, you have overdone it :wink: Simply using a lot of BBB/anims/.. at once and hope you get the best of them all simply does not work. Body meshes/skeleton/animations are not as easy as outfits or weapons. Their content cannot be separated, and interfere with one another. You have to go wit selected mods and follow their instructions.

But to help you straighten it out, here some comments.

As striker said, you can reduce or eliminate the idle bounces by using different versions of NoMaaM's idle.kf. But the butt ... that's a different issue. Apparently you use a body with butt bounce, but then you better don't use NoMaaM at all. Butt bounce meshes use the breast bones to stimulate the moves, which apparently is a very bad idea as soon as you are using "expressive" breast animations as in NoMaaM. Ever seen a woman's butt swinging or moving in circles?

Seductive idle BBB / Extreme? I dont see them here on Nexus. But I assume BBB is only a BBBed version of the original animation files. If so, it's clear why it won't work: the mod "seductive idles" uses different Idle Animation conditons to initiate different Idle animations (which are located in your _male\idleanims folder). If you want to use BBBed animations you have to find them in _male\idleanims and replace then by the BBBed files. In any case, seductive idles don't run exclusively (like idle.kf), and they don't run in the inventory window (unless you have a specific mod to change that)

Sensual walks don't fail. If you have done it right, they will work. In fact they will "overrule" all attempts to use a BBBed standard walk (like UFF or NoMaaM)

You don't overwrite UFF with NoMaaM. They are mostly disjunct.. UFF's focus is on movement, NoMaaM's on combat.

Hope thay helps :thumbsup:

Hi

Thanks, Striker, Fore

Most helpful and thank you for taking the time to help me. To be frank I feel like I'm wading through treacle with this. Being a red-blooded male (albeit ageing to senior moment level) I felt happy to get the small amount of bounce I got with the original HGEC 'jiggly' effects, but my hormones demand the full wobble the NoMaam kit provided - which seems to give all the animation one could handle (ahem, literally) in combat as well as just walking around - which is what I got.

So, keen as I am on NoMaam's full 'effects' (including walking), which mods should I strip (argh - my choice of words gets worse :laugh: ) out while retaining the final effect I am after?

I'll check out the breathing effect for sure - can do that. But any advice on trimming my top heavy ( :pinch: ) mod structure would be hugely appreciated. Oh, by the way, all the mods are off this site - including the seductive idles, etc. They are lurking here somewhere and if you want the links I'll go and dig them out.

I am very grateful for your help.

All the best,

Clive

Hey BlueGunk ... one 'experienced' guy to another I'll say our tastes run similar courses. My own installation is just the NoMaaM replacer and Theatre along with Xtudo's Personality Idles - Modified version - NPCs and Companions. I'm not using his latest version yet because I've done a little tweaking on it using the Construction Set, to reduce the frequency of some idles and replace some others (and I didn't do a good job of documenting my changes so now when I upgrade I'll need to recreate my tweaks to some extent). Xtudo's latest work eliminates some of the idles that weren't so popular with his users. He does a good job supporting his mods. As fore mentioned you probably want to get yourself set up with a skeleton and body that doesn't use 'bouncing behind'. I use the same HGEC body from Rivelle as you and I think I'm on Coronerra's Maximum Compatibility Skeleton (although I did try out Growlf's skeleton and I'm not sure if I switched back). Your body selection should also line up with what you're interested in for BBBed armor and clothing ... just another one of those myriad of choices that doesn't make our jobs any easier. Enjoy the journey. Edited by Striker879

Hey BlueGunk ... one 'experienced' guy to another I'll say our tastes run similar courses. My own installation is just the NoMaaM replacer and Theatre along with Xtudo's Personality Idles - Modified version - NPCs and Companions. I'm not using his latest version yet because I've done a little tweaking on it using the Construction Set, to reduce the frequency of some idles and replace some others (and I didn't do a good job of documenting my changes so now when I upgrade I'll need to recreate my tweaks to some extent). Xtudo's latest work eliminates some of the idles that weren't so popular with his users. He does a good job supporting his mods. As fore mentioned you probably want to get yourself set up with a skeleton and body that doesn't use 'bouncing behind'. I use the same HGEC body from Rivelle as you and I think I'm on Coronerra's Maximum Compatibility Skeleton (although I did try out Growlf's skeleton and I'm not sure if I switched back). Your body selection should also line up with what you're interested in for BBBed armor and clothing ... just another one of those myriad of choices that doesn't make our jobs any easier. Enjoy the journey.

Hi Striker

Looks like great minds think alike! A lot of this is new to me so I'm going to have my work set out for me. I believe I am using Coronerra's MC Skeleton, too. I'll let you know how I get on!

Clive