Sunset Sarsaparilla's Wild Wild West World

devinpatterson

Hello, I was just wondering if all the new/ retextured weapons in the park were done. If not I would like to try to make a sunset sarsaparilla .357 revolver. I am a noob at mod making but I find it interesting and exciting. The weapons would have the ss colors and the logo on the buttstock. Thanks.

Sure, we can use all the help we can get. But I'd recommend a larger caliber like the sequoia, since most of the firearms are based on black powder arms and use calibers above .50

Razzy1319 has also made a new logo for the park, that looks really good. You may want to use that instead of the standard sunset logo.

Edited by devinpatterson

• Replies 795
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ok I am nearly done making it in the geck, it is very similiar to the ranger sequoia but a little more powerful and better. I named it sunset revolver(lame) i will try to think of a better name. I don't know how to retexture it and add the new logo. I also couldnt find razzle's new logo. I will work on more tomorrow.

Quick Update

The Grand Saloon Model is about 75% complete

- Havent done the doors

- Have to learn how to do the neon signs

- Quick texture fix for repeating textures

http://www.newvegasnexus.com/imageshare/images/2797923-1313609938.jpg

For the other western town models

- Found free, unrestricted building models.

- They just need easy conversions to geck friendly formats

- Some of them need retextures and remodeling to fit the gaudiness of Main Street

For the Indian Village

- Teepee model is done

- Textures need work. Branding is fine but the cloth covering is lacking

- Might need Honest Hearts resources

http://www.newvegasnexus.com/imageshare/images/2797923-1313610762.jpg

For the Worldspace

- Height mapping has started (its quite a *****)

- Draft World Space Map has a few revisions to be made

- Inclusion of a Tribal Campground (Different from Indian Village)

- Relocation of Power Plant

- The Map doesnt have the visualization of the Height Map yet.

- Dirt paths and train tracks still to be added

http://www.newvegasnexus.com/imageshare/images/2797923-1313611259.jpg

For the Spanish Villa and Northern Town

- Jacobstown Hotel's have been customized.

- Spanish Villa is still being worked on to look less gritty.

Thats all for now!

Thanks!

Quick Update

The Grand Saloon Model is about 75% complete

- Havent done the doors

- Have to learn how to do the neon signs

- Quick texture fix for repeating textures

http://www.newvegasnexus.com/imageshare/images/2797923-1313609938.jpg

For the other western town models

- Found free, unrestricted building models.

- They just need easy conversions to geck friendly formats

- Some of them need retextures and remodeling to fit the gaudiness of Main Street

For the Indian Village

- Teepee model is done

- Textures need work. Branding is fine but the cloth covering is lacking

- Might need Honest Hearts resources

http://www.newvegasnexus.com/imageshare/images/2797923-1313610762.jpg

For the Worldspace

- Height mapping has started (its quite a *****)

- Draft World Space Map has a few revisions to be made

- Inclusion of a Tribal Campground (Different from Indian Village)

- Relocation of Power Plant

- The Map doesnt have the visualization of the Height Map yet.

- Dirt paths and train tracks still to be added

http://www.newvegasnexus.com/imageshare/images/2797923-1313611259.jpg

For the Spanish Villa and Northern Town

- Jacobstown Hotel's have been customized.

- Spanish Villa is still being worked on to look less gritty.

Thats all for now!

Thanks!

:dance: :dance: :dance:

The Undertaker thing is killing me.

Church and graveyard;

I'd put the inn/tavern next to the stables, close to the rail line (the station would also be the post office) for "business" reasons- just like RL hotels tend to be near airports and the like. The block could be moved to where the daycare is now- put that by the general store, near the entrance- and the church can be where the corral is now, with the graveyard replacing the stables. This would give it a more organic feel, and having the graveyard/church away from the noisy rides (i.e. on the entrance side of the street) helps give it that atmosphere, especially with the noose in the background. the sheriff can point across the street to the gallows, as a warning against causing trouble.

The daycare would be close at the entrance, for guests' convenience. Ditto for the general store/gift shop. Barber/clinic goes well together- they tended to overlap in RL western towns :ohdear: (pull teeth, trim beards, and occasionally make delicious meat pies).

So the left fork coming in the park is Sheriff>Undertaker>Church>Graveyard on the left, with the inn>stables>corral on the right.

Bwahaha! Eyebots with cowboy hats, I love it!! :biggrin:

If I wasn't working on Fallout UK right now I'd totally offer to help with this! Good luck anyway, it's a brilliant mod idea.

Thanks Kibblesticks :biggrin:

If you end up with some free time on your hands and would like to help out give me a shout. We can use the help.

IHere's a western Mr. Gutsy I'm in the process of working on since early morning. The re-texture isn't done yet (yellow with a cool new sunset logo), the pistol is upside down (and I also need to put one in each hand) & I havn't switched up the hats yet (thinking a desperado, cattleman and plain old cowboy hat) but it gives you an idea what I'm going for. I'v got him shooting 45-70, but it would be cooler if he/it could shoot all 3 guns at once, that would be quite a gunslinger.

PICTURE DELETED, COMPLETED MR GUTSY BELOW

Edited by devinpatterson

Why not make the guns p0art of the premanent model, i.e. not equipped but built-in like the flamethrowers and plasma are for the vanilla models?

Well those (flamethrowers & plasma gun) are actually separate little nifs too. So depending on what you checked on a vanilla gusty you could have all claws, or just plasma etc.

Mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm.... A Limited Edition Sunset Sasparilla Cowboy Repeater and .44 Revolver. Nice yellow/golden (do i call it camo?) color for the metal and the Sunset Sasparilla logo on the stocks and grips of both (kind of like the old red rider bb guns!) Those would be some nice prizes for winning some minigames or something.