expansion packs over DLCs

hector530

expansion packs or DLCs or both?  

103 members have voted

1. 1. what would you prefer?

• DLCs
    • expansion packs
    • 1 expansion pack and some DLCs

im hoping skyrim gets one or maybe two expansion packs but the way DLCs are proving to be very profitable i think its possible skyrim doesn't have any expansion packs like fallout3 did. i hope they dont go DLCs only, we should at least get one expansion pack. what do you prefer DLC only, expansion packs or half n' half?

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have a strong feeling from my gut, which doesn't happen often, that there will be at least one expansion and a couple more DCLs. I really don't care as long as I get the game already!!!

Just to get the terminology straight, expansion packs are distributed via traditional retailers and DLCs are digital distribution only?

Because technically, any expansion pack that is available via download is also a DLC.

Just to get the terminology straight, expansion packs are distributed via traditional retailers and DLCs are digital distribution only?

Because technically, any expansion pack that is available via download is also a DLC.

That's what I was thinking too but I guess as long as they release expansions/DLCs I'll be happy.

Expansion packs because they can be bought retail, so console users and pc users can more easily get a hold of them.And because there's generally more content in expansion packs.

I'd prefer expansion packs. So long as it's more the style of Shivering isles and less like Knights of the nine. Kotn felt like an oversized DLC. Now SI, THAT was an expansion, brother.

Plus they always have more bang for the buck anyway. Screw horse armor! I want a new area to explore in.

Edited by Zenchii

I will be happy so long as they add any DLC/Expansion Packs. I thought Shivering Isles was awesome, but I also enjoyed the little things as well. I can see them releasing a combination of both, a lot like they did with Oblivion; a couple large expansions and a few little DLC packs to spruce things up. Edited by XC00P3RX

Expansion packs. Anything that could be released as a DLC can be and will be released by modders.