1. 1. what would you prefer?

• DLCs
    • expansion packs
    • 1 expansion pack and some DLCs

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

^^^^ ummm no only bioware releases unfinished games with day one dlc ever since they sold their soul to EA. there's no way in hell Beth finishes it's DLCs in one week or they wouldnt delay some like they did for fallout3.

Pfft you think beth games are finished when they are released? They are barely a beta with crapload of bugs that are fixed.

DLCs are made and planned before the game comes out and are later sold. Simple as that.

id love to see both for skyrim. technically expansions can be dlcs and dlcs as if you can download it it is considered a dlc(Downloadable Content). tho expansions usally contain a large amount of content(ie storylines, quests, equipment, new lands, etc). like for oblivion the shivering isles was considered an expansion as it added a ton of new content, instead of 1 new quest, a new dungeon, and 1 new set of gear like knights of the nine.

lets just hope beth gives us more than just worthless dlcs and only 1 expansion. i know that modability halps keep a game alive, but dlcs and expansions keep people coming back and gets new people interested.

i aggree, but in saying that i would also like to see a few disk packs of a number of smaller dcls(like nights and the such) as well as a disk of patches(i hate dwnloding these.....)

Excuse me, but whats the difference between a DLC and an Expansion ??? o.O

A DLC is a small thing: FOr Oblivion is was maybe small quests or houses or.. horse armor. An expansion is much larger. Think of Bloodmoon or Shivering Isles as the size of an expansion. They usually have a lot more content.

Both are good to have, but don't get me wrong expansions could have dlc in them. If you look at the prices, one small addition for a few buck vs a large addition and a lot more money. But as said before expansion have more stuff, like a story. While the dlc usually just allows you to get something or maybe a short quest to get it. Oblivion (and Morrowind for that matter) had great expansions and Beth doing dlc is fairly new. I would like to see both in Skyrim but maybe better than horse armor, something like Mehrunes dlc would be better.

So basically DLC's are somewhat kind of Mods made by the game's original developers, while an Expansion contains new quests, houses, locations, arms and armor.... Right ??

Well if that's the case, than i think it would be cheaper to get Expansions.... Yet more might lie within the DLC's...

Edited by Neo6360

So basically DLC's are somewhat kind of Mods made by the game's original developers, while an Expansion contains new quests, houses, locations, arms and armor.... Right ??

Well if that's the case, than i think it would be cheaper to get Expansions.... Yet more might lie within the DLC's...

Basically they are all "mods" but dlc's would be are more so than expansions.

Money wise it really is the same I figured out. Like in Oblivion horse armor for 3$ or so and KOTN for 20$ I mean I am not a math guy in the least but that equals more money for Beth than just expansion with all their dlc's in it.