Exact copy/paste of NPC faces?

TheMastersSon

Using the CS I did a copy/paste from an existing NPC to a new one, both are Imperials. As expected all the numbers are the same, including age/complexion/hair etc as well as the 3 screens of geometry/texture settings, but subtle differences are still apparent between the two. I can easily tell them apart in screenshots when they stand side by side. So I'm stumped how every number in their face data can be identical yet the faces themselves are different.

Is there an established procedure (using the CS only, not Wrye/etc) to get reliably 100% identical faces from one NPC to another?

Edited by TheMastersSon

Using the CS I did a copy/paste from an existing NPC to a new one, both are Imperials. As expected all the numbers are the same, including age/complexion/hair etc as well as the 3 screens of geometry/texture settings, but subtle differences are still apparent between the two. I can easily tell them apart in screenshots when they stand side by side. So I'm stumped how every number in their face data can be identical yet the faces themselves are different.

Is there an established procedure (using the CS only, not Wrye/etc) to get reliably 100% identical faces from one NPC to another?

That's the general way to do it. The Imperial you're copying from is stock vanilla, correct?

That's the general way to do it. The Imperial you're copying from is stock vanilla, correct?

No, the face has been modified from stock with the CS character generator. Does that have something to do with it?

What happens if you copy your entire NPC and then give the copy a new name and ID? You'd need to individualize the new one's inventory, AI etc but they should be your original's identical twin.