[POSSIBLE SPOILER] Anertus Flores found dead in Waterfront, a case of

VGI

I was riding around, exploring for shops, when I came upon the body of Anertus Flores, fisherman, upon the shores of Waterfront.

In his possession I found an Undelivered Love Letter and Aisha's Wedding Ring, as well as several alcoholic drinks and a Strong Potion of Poison. Letter states that Anertus waited all night for Aisha, and it seems like he was going to propose. But Aisha never came.

By Anertus' Feet lie several beer bottles, as well as a bottle under the shallow water that for some reason, I cannot pick up but can kick around.

Now, I dunno, but this may not be a case of just another NPC dying unexpectedly in TES4. Seems to me like this might be a quest of some sort, though your quest log does not update upon taking Anertus' Undelivered Love Letter and Aisha's Wedding Ring. Also, I tried resurrecting Anertus. But after doing so, talking to him only makes you talk about rumors.

So, you guys, what do you think?

He doesn't come up on a UESP Wiki search. Did you get the name spelled right (or perhaps he's added by a mod)??

He doesn't come up on a UESP Wiki search. Did you get the name spelled right (or perhaps he's added by a mod)??

I too did some searches. Zero results. I checked and double-checked the name...lemme check again...yes, definitely correct spelling.

I have a feeling that this is a mod-added thing. But which mod I do not know.

Ugh, this would have made such a nice quest. But...I dunno; I should probably just move on. Maybe take the Undelivered Love Letter and Aisha's Wedding Ring (which Anertus never got the chance to give her) with me? Suppose if I run across Aisha one day, it would become a quest?

*sigh* Ah well.

Things like these...Bethesda could get some ideas about this. I half expected that in situations like this I could report it to the Imperial Watch, or perhaps the Imperial Watch would already be in the scene cordoning the scene from the crowd gathered around. That would have made Cyrodil soooo much more realistic. Instead the Empire seems to be populated by a bunch of rumor-mongers with nothing better to do.

Any one else of you guys have any inputs?

You can use FormID finder or RefScope to identify(Both require OBSE!).

What are FormID finder or RefScope and how do you use them?

UPDATE:

Oh, they are debug tools.

*sigh* I'm back to being a "pseudo beta-tester" for Bethesda/modders.

This breaks the momentum of the game.

Edited by VGI

Here's a link to FormID Finder and RefScope. They're both utilities to help find where things you find in game come from. I believe Wrye Bash also has a utility for doing that (could be wrong there ... going by memory of something I read, not experience). As LFact noted above, both FormID and RefScope require OBSE installed to work.

Here's a link to FormID Finder and RefScope. They're both utilities to help find where things you find in game come from. I believe Wrye Bash also has a utility for doing that (could be wrong there ... going by memory of something I read, not experience). As LFact noted above, both FormID and RefScope require OBSE installed to work.

Yeah, am trying Refscope now

Here are the results:

Anertus Flores:

Reference 5911310A

(Non-Persistent)

Defined in Better Imperial City.esp

NPC 0200D0FC

Name: Anertus Flores

Defined in Better Cities Resources.esm

Is a quest item

-------------------------------

Undelivered Love Letter:

Book 0200D083

Name: .Undelivered Love Letter (there really is a "." at the beginning)

Aisha's Wedding Ring:

Clothing 0200D0B5

Name: Aisha's Wedding Ring

Enchanment 0009DEE4

Defined in Oblivion.esm

Non-pick-able bottle in shallow water:

Reference 59112CF7

(Non-Persistent)

Defined in Better Imperial City.esp

Static 00000E2D

Defined in Oblivion.esm

So there. This makes a bit of sense to me, but only a bit. Is there a chance that I have missed the opportunity to get a quest from this guy? The letter did say that he waited "all night", so maybe I should try loading a previous save (hope I saved) game and catch him there?

There isn't anything mentioned about a quest of any sort in BananaSplit's Better Cities mod.

UPDATE:

Okay, now this is really TRULY unrealistic:

I have saved a game 2 game days earlier. I have loaded this game and went to the same place where Anertus Flores would be dead. You know what I found? Well, he's been there, dead for at least 2 firggin' days now. Ugh! It truly breaks the realism of the game. He's been stinkin' up the place for what i am sure is more than just 2 days now. And the useless Imperial Watch is doing what exactly?

But then what do you expect, right?

I hope TES5 would be much much better than this.

The guy is a quest item. I resurrected him but found no quests. Perhaps his quest is on a timer of some sort. But if I take the Undelivered Love Letter and the Wedding Ring, I get no quest log updates.

What is this!?!?

Edited by VGI

• 1 month later...

Is there a chance that I have missed the opportunity to get a quest from this guy? The letter did say that he waited "all night", so maybe I should try loading a previous save (hope I saved) game and catch him there?

I like to think that it provides some local color.

There is a woman by the name of Aayisha, which is pretty close. She can be easily found by entering the Underground Tunnel entrance at the South East corner of the Market District.

She's sleeping with someone else now, so I left the note in her room on his side of the bed. :)

Edited by pmw57