Question for moderator

Ultrajet

Hey moderators, just looking for some clarity on two of my images that were blocked without notifying me.

I understand you guys send PM's in case we get a strike or if we wrongly uploaded some screens... But my two images didn't violate the rules.

I've read the thread about the new rules before and have made sure not to post gore or nudity. These two screenshots have neither.

While they obviously have something in common I don't feel like they should have been taken down. I was not distributing files not hosted on the nexus.

Also I have seen a large ammount of screens with mods from other sites that are still around. Maybe this isn't the problem but have the rules changed?

All I want to know is what is not allowed anymore, I have several screenshots I would like to share but now feel unwelcomed to. Really don't want to get banned, hope I am not crossing the line by asking here.

(I don't mean for this to be a big deal or anything, just want to know where you guys stand so I know what not to upload)

Image violations deleted.

I'm sorry but what do you guys mean "A rip"? I've never heard of that before.

A rip is something that you take from one game, like models, textures etc and port it into a new game without having permission to do that. Nexus has a solid policy regarding rips and such things are not allowed here. I'm not sure about images. I think I have seen quite a few images that show stuff from other games, but as long as you don't post a link to those rips, I don't think it's wrong. Anyway, a staff member can confirm this only so, you'll have to wait for one of them to step in.

Your answer is images of ripped content are not allowed and will be deleted when we see them.

Ub3 has it right:

I believe it's called advertising rips, which usually leads to questions of "Where can I get this armor?".

Unfortunately we don't have time to comb through and delete every image that's in violation but when they're reported we do delete them. Older images in violation have more of a chance of being missed than newer ones.

By the way, reposting deleted images is a bannable offense.

Oh my apologies on reposting the images, I thought it would be easier to explain myself with them there and should have put more thought to my post.

I understand why you did it, and that's why there is no administrative action taken. -myrmaad

Honestly though I am still pretty confused here.

Adverstising would mean I am posting links along with my images which I didn't do. Even with the "Where do I get this?" questions I had enough sense not to say anything.

Even so, I understand not to upload anything like this again.

But what if there is a mod not hosted here based on another video games armor? Would that violate image share rules too? Or only specifically "rips"?

There's popular armor based on other games hosted here too, what is the difference? Just an honest inquiry.

Or is it just easier for me not to share images from mods not from nexus?

Thanks for the answer.