Windows 10 and Skyrim Mods

Vudou

I haven't updated my Windows 8.1 to Windows 10... yet. I'm going to wait about a month before doing so, so that MS can have some time do their updates/fixes. But if anyone has already upgraded, how is Skyrim and all the mods you're using running on Windows 10? Any trouble yet or has it not been a problem? Maybe just a couple mods aren't working or need updating?

Any insight on Windows 10 and Skyrim will be appreciated. Thanks.

Really? I did a search for "Windows 10" on this forum in the search and came up with nothing. That's why I made a post about it. I thought maybe there would be a thread several pages long getting attention, but I didn't see anything.

Sorry for making another thread about it, but I didn't find anything beforehand.

EDIT/ADD: Well, I've found this thread now - http://forums.nexusmods.com/index.php?/topic/3066669-will-skyrim-work-with-windows-10/

Edited by Baibaihe

I've had no problems with Skyrim after switching to Win10. I did a complete clean install of windows and all my programs. Also switched from NMM to MO and Skyrim is running better for me than it has in a while. Took a few days of downloading and setting everything up though.

It seems that most people who upgraded are not having any problems at all. Please remember that if they are not having problems, 98% of the people will not post anything - why should they? it's working. Then there are the 2% or so that do have problems. Instead of googling to see if there is a solution, They will post in 2 or three places thinking that Nexus must be able to fix a problem in Windows because ... well we are Nexus after all. :blush: Many of the problems I have seen have nothing to do with Nexus or games. However, because the Windows problem does affect their games, then it absolutely must be Nexus fault. :rolleyes:

Please remember that if they are not having problems, 98% of the people will not post anything - why should they? it's working. Then there are the 2% or so that do have problems. Instead of googling to see if there is a solution, They will post in 2 or three places thinking that Nexus must be able to fix a problem in Windows because ... well we are Nexus after all.

Ooh, yeah I know how that goes. Silly people.

Many of the problems I have seen have nothing to do with Nexus or games. However, because the Windows problem does affect their games, then it absolutely must be Nexus fault. :rolleyes:

Of course it is. :P

Heres a vid check I did. This is with a straight upgrade from win 7 to 10, with no fresh installs. with the existing game was on the win 7 OS.

load times loading saves a little longer seem to be the only thing thats weird.

Thanks for the video. So besides the strange loading time, after playing some hours it was all still the same? If so, that's good to hear... umm read. Good to read.

Skyrim is running better for me than it has in a while.

Sorry, I missed this... but this is excellent to read. Thank you for your input.

Edited by Baibaihe

The only thing that worries me about Windows 10 is frame rate. On the tests I have seen there is an average of 3fps lose using 10. Tec web sites play this down but to me it is a big deal.

3fps could be the difference between playable & unplayable.

I will sit on the fence until Windows 10 gaming performance improves or hardware improves to the point that 3fps won't matter.

Heres a vid check I did. This is with a straight upgrade from win 7 to 10, with no fresh installs. with the existing game was on the win 7 OS.

load times loading saves a little longer seem to be the only thing thats weird.

Thanks for the video. So besides the strange loading time, after playing some hours it was all still the same? If so, that's good to hear... umm read. Good to read.

and it took a second or two to "stabilize" after the world loaded, but after that no other issues, been playing fine, still high 50's (55-60) fps but i have a mid range pc, so that could be it also.