Is it even worth it, NV?

flaggpuss

I have mixed feeling about this game.Because I liked FO3 a lot ,previous the release and because I can tell the future with my psychic powers, I was expecting FNV to be not as good as the earlier one.I think most of we people play this game because we wanted to keep playing Fallout 3.I feel it not as entertaining as FO3 and some mission are dull.Is like go talk to,then return and talk to....,then kill 3-4 guys and thats it.Furthermore it's glitchier tha FO3 and that really pissed me off.Items and rewards are more scarce than before.And there are fewer enemies on the vastland,or I feel it so right at the point Im'playing.

But on the other side I download some patches right here on nexus and install dead money adon.I hope it gets a little more interesting.I really hope that Skygrim will be better I don't wanna be disappointed.

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Me neither.

Myself, I'm withholding full judgment on NV 'til the new game fuzzies wear off, and they're starting to do just that. At this point I'm not sure which I like better.

• 3 weeks later...

Ive had FNV since release,I loved it,(new bugginess smell and all) but then it started to get all funky on me,and my opinion changed,I think Im gonna sit on it for awhile,and run back to DC and scavenge there while I wait till some new bug fixes or something comes out cause I wanna play my damn game! >.< FNV is kinda like a cake.you eat it,you love it,then you put the left overs in the fridge,open it one day and go HOLY **&% WHAT THE IS THAT? kind of deal with its bugs.

Is it worth it? Yes and no. FNV trumps FO3 in a lot of ways. One being the weapons and actualy IS aming. But for some odd reason,so many NPCs in both seemed like they were hollow,I mean I know Vegas is the prime location of blasting yourself into a drunken stupor,but i only saw a measly like 3 drunk people.and On the strip they dont even really behave like drunks.(slight spoiler,but the puking person is always amusing) But until the majority of the bugs(game breaking ones,i dont realy mind the the little ones) really killed FNV for me.For now at least.

I think my post seems kinda disorganized but i just woke up with an awful hangover so i think i did good :D

They are both great to play.

Maybe I was too seasoned with playing FO3 but when I started NV I found it too easy on Hardcore and very soon looked to modding the game for a more challenging environment.

I may be one of the few who thinks that FNV is actually better than FO3.

What the world need again,another critic who got graduated in only their personal opinions.That's it.

Pot to Kettle: *ringringring* Hello, Kettle?...

(not that I think Trepanist's remark was unmotivated, quite the contrary and to the point)

@OP, go ahead and get it and have fun. Mod it and it will come even more to life. I think it's a very enjoyable game and like Trepanist somewhat because maybe I'm in the minority in this from what I read, but I also tend to think I have a much more stable game with FNV than with FO3. I crash a LOT less and that makes a big damn difference in the quality of Fun Time.