Transparent Texture Issue

GT500

I was editing PEDress (specifically the version that comes with the 50er Nostalgie mod). I wanted to make the dress shorter so that you could actually see the stockings that were being worn (I didn't see much point in a dress with stockings if you couldn't see them).

I managed to make the dress look shorter in game by editing the texture, and using instructions posted by jaysus for making the transparency work without the transparent textures for the stockings flickering and disappearing as the view angle changed. Unfortunately, there is a translucent line to the left of the left leg (barely visible as a bent line of dotted pixels in the screenshot below) where the edge of the dress was. This line is far more visible when there is either movement of the view or of the character wearing the dress, and it is most visible when the player's character is wearing the dress and the view is in 3rd-person.

I've edited all of the textures that the dress uses, and I've played around with options such as Glossiness and Specular Color with no luck. The Emissive Color is already set to black, so something tells me that it is not the cause of the issue.

It is always possible that I am just screwing something up, as this is the first time that I have ever delved into texturing. The GIMP makes the actual editing easy to do, however I managed to lose all of the extra layers at some point when editing my texture, so I may have to redo the entire thing (good thing I made a backup).

I hope someone here knows what I am doing wrong. I did check my video driver settings to make sure that my NVIDIA drivers were not doing anything weird, and everything was set on factory defaults (no Anti-aliasing Transparency, no overriding the game's anti-aliasing settings, etc) and the game's settings appear to be OK as well.

Edited by GT500

No modder, me, but is that a mesh rather than a texture problem? I mean, is that ghost line the outline of a mesh over which no texture is being overlayed, or which has a transparent texture overlay?

Edit: What I am trying to say is, shouldn't you be editing the mesh there instead of trying to hide it behind a transparent texture?

Edited by proconsu1

Edit: What I am trying to say is, shouldn't you be editing the mesh there instead of trying to hide it behind a transparent texture?

Yes, yes, and more yes.

Unfortunately, I know absolutely nothing about texturing, modeling, NifSkope, Blender, etc. I managed to figure out how to make the parts of the textures transparent that I wanted to, and I managed to figure out how to set transparency in NifSkope, however Blender is just a frightening monster and I have no clue what I'm doing. Thanks to some random tutorial videos on found on YouTube, I did manage to figure out how to pan the camera around and how to create and edit basic shapes. This, unfortunately, did not help me in my pursuit of editing the mesh for this dress, so for the moment I am stuck with The GIMP and NifSkope.

Try this page. It has links to tutorials and the wiki for Blender.

I tried reading the wikibook on using Blender, and it didn't actually contain any useful information. YouTube videos got me the farthest, but still no clue how to edit the dress, as none of the functions I learned from the videos seem to work on it (other than moving the camera around, of course).