FOSE- FOSE Startup Screen Disappearing

fuzz34

The screen that pops out when you Press "launch FOSE" in FOMM just appears than disappears. It used to work and now it just disappears. I clicked FOSE_Loader directly and it still does not work. Here is my Load order.

Fallout3.esm

StreetLights.esm

FNNsys.esm

CALIBR.esm

xCALIBR.esm

20th Century Weapons.esm

Apocalypse Armory.esm

Companion Core.esm

RobCo Certified v2.esm

RTS NW.esm

DCInteriors_ComboEdition.esm

RH_IRONSIGHTS.esm

Enhanced Weather - Rain and Snow.esm

DK_BulletTime.esp

RH_IronSights_Basic_VanillaPlugin.esp

GalaxyNewsRadio100[M].esp

RTS NW - Volume 1st.esp

RTS NW - Volume 2nd.esp

RTS NW - Volume 3rd.esp

RTS NW - Volume 4 Stone.esp

Apocalypse Armory.esp

WeaponModKits.esp

xCALIBRmunitions.esp

xCALIBRmunitions_FOSEnhancements.esp

ZL-ACR.esp

SteinerCombatGear.esp

Realistic Death Physics.esp

pip150.esp

Enhanced Weather - Rain and Snow in Fallout.esp

Enhanced Weather - Weather Sounds in Interiors.esp

Enhanced Weather - Sneak Bonus during Storms.esp

Enhanced Weather - REBOOT.esp

Fellout-Full.esp

20th Century v5 ALIVE (Vendor).esp

20th Century v5 ALIVE (Containers).esp

20th Century v5 ALIVE (NPC_Settler).esp

20th Century v5 ALIVE (RivetCity).esp

20th Century v5 ALIVE (Raider).esp

20th Century v5 ALIVE (Slaver).esp

20th Century v5 ALIVE (Chinese Ghoul).esp

20th Century v5 ALIVE (SuperMutant).esp

20th Century v5 ALIVE (Talon_Regulator).esp

20th Century v5 ALIVE (Brotherhood_Outcast).esp

RH_IronSights_Vanilla_BetterUniques.esp

Aeroplane Mod.esp

Total active plugins: 45

Total plugins: 70

Thanks if anyone has a solution.

Oh and heres a screenshot (Attached)

EDIT: I found out that after I clicked "Launch FOSE" Millions of times it started to say FOSE not working and "Another Instance of Fallout 3 is running"

Edited by fuzz34

I am assuming you have already tried reinstalling FOSE, so I'll skip on to the next few things I'd try in your shoes:

1. Run the game from its own launcher to make sure it CAN be launched. After all, the problem may not be FOSE at all but Fallout 3 itself.

2. Backup the file "fallout.ini" that you find in the \\My Documents\My Games\Fallout 3\ folder (or whatever documents path you have on your version of Windows), and then replace it with a renamed copy of the file "default_fallout.ini" found in Fallout's installation folder (where you installed FOSE).

3. Download, install and run Process Monitor and have it log what is happening when you try to run FOSE. It will hopefully show exactly where the process is breaking down. Make sure that before you think you have found the problem that you have run this test at least 3 or 4 times, though, and are getting identical results each time.

I am assuming you have already tried reinstalling FOSE, so I'll skip on to the next few things I'd try in your shoes:

1. Run the game from its own launcher to make sure it CAN be launched. After all, the problem may not be FOSE at all but Fallout 3 itself.

2. Backup the file "fallout.ini" that you find in the \\My Documents\My Games\Fallout 3\ folder (or whatever documents path you have on your version of Windows), and then replace it with a renamed copy of the file "default_fallout.ini" found in Fallout's installation folder (where you installed FOSE).

3. Download, install and run Process Monitor and have it log what is happening when you try to run FOSE. It will hopefully show exactly where the process is breaking down. Make sure that before you think you have found the problem that you have run this test at least 3 or 4 times, though, and are getting identical results each time.

Ok I tried running fallout itself to see if is in fact a problem with fallout. When the launcher appears it presents the option install not play. All the files are in place from the last time i played this so I don't see why it would do this.

Sounds like something musta killed the reg keys that Fallout adds to the registry during install. Looks like a reinstall is called for here.

That's what i was avoiding but if it must be done it must be done. It's not that hard anyway, I'm just lazy.

Thanks