modding ideas?

huntsman2310

I'll have to play Skyrim at least once and only then say what it needs, as far as I'm concerned. To name a few:

1. More armours
  2. More races once I get bored playing with vanilla ones
  3. More dungeons
  4. It's own FCOM
  5. More quests
  6. New lands
  7. Sheograth and his cheese
  8. M'aiq reborned
  9. New weapons
  10. And some more...

:yes:

A mod that removes horns from helmets.

remake morrowind using skyrim modding...

edit: why do people keep requesting that every old game should be remade in newer engines? Morrowind is perfectly playable as it is and there are tons of mods that people can use to customize the game as they see fit. Remaking Morrowind would be a massive effort, considering that the modders would have to create many textures and meshes and record sounds and voices from scratch, since it's illegal to rip assets from the original game. It would probably take half a decade to even come up with a playable release.

Edited by GenocideLolita

edit: why do people keep requesting that every old game should be remade in newer engines? Morrowind is perfectly playable as it is and there are tons of mods that people can use to customize the game as they see fit. Remaking Morrowind would be a massive effort, considering that the modders would have to create many textures and meshes and record sounds and voices from scratch, since it's illegal to rip assets from the original game. It would probably take half a decade to even come up with a playable release.

Short answer ?

Some people would like it.

Long answer ?

The depth and involvement of Morrowind somewhat blows most new releases away.

Morrowind with the latest graphic capabilities would blow most new releases clean out of the water.

Also, if people keep asking for it, maybe theres something in it, now if Bethesda announced that they were releasing a totally reworked Morrowind, I know for a fact that I'd buy it, and I think a lot of the Nexus would be stood in the queue with me.

Short answer ?

Some people would like it.

Long answer ?

The depth and involvement of Morrowind somewhat blows most new releases away.

Morrowind with the latest graphic capabilities would blow most new releases clean out of the water.

Also, if people keep asking for it, maybe theres something in it, now if Bethesda announced that they were releasing a totally reworked Morrowind, I know for a fact that I'd buy it, and I think a lot of the Nexus would be stood in the queue with me.

Unofortunatly bethesda only cares about making a fortune and if they did remake morrowind it would be made so a 9 year old could play it making it simple removing the fun of the original which was challenge. For me it is still a very hard game. And I am afraid of simplicity of Skyrim.... I am very very afraid.

the "simplicity of Skyrim" really? the thing ive heard they made simpler was the inventory system and thats a good thing. but whatever i dislike morrowind fanboyz anyways who think morrowind was great while oblivion was trash. like oblivion was a major step backwards please like morrowind was perfect. i might love morrowind but id choose to play oblivion over it any day.

the "simplicity of Skyrim" really? the thing ive heard they made simpler was the inventory system and thats a good thing. but whatever i dislike morrowind fanboyz anyways who think morrowind was great while oblivion was trash. like oblivion was a major step backwards please like morrowind was perfect. i might love morrowind but id choose to play oblivion over it any day.

They lowered the amount of skills

No more skill making

No coming back of crossbows nor spears

No mysticism.

Oblivion was simpler then Morrowind and unless you played Morrowind and oblivion you don't know what you are talking about.

Magika didn't regenerate in morrowind making potions much harder to get

In oblivion a fighter character could use a fire spell while in morrowind spells and potions could fail at making.

So yes.... it was simplified.

Much less factions too.

removing mysticism means nothing since all they did was move the spells to other classes.

about them changing the amount of skills it happens every elder scrolls game i dont know why people are surprised by this.

"Oblivion was streamlined and funner to play then morrowind" there fixed that for you.

next up the spears and crossbow i dont see how this makes the game simpler just less items are in the game and since skyrim's combat will be MUCH more deeper then it was in morrowind i fail to see how removing 2 weapon types makes morrowind deeper then skyrim.

"Magika didn't regenerate in morrowind making potions much harder to get" i know wasnt that annoying?! glad it was removed.

"In oblivion a fighter character could use a fire spell while in morrowind spells and potions could fail at making." only part i agree with

Edited by hector530