What is your favorite combat mod combo ?

LFAz

Hello,

I am looking for the best Skyrim combat experience, because let's face it, vanilla combat is quite dull. I'm somewhat new in the mod business and untill recently I was using DUEL and ACE on expert level and I was pretty satisfied, especially with DUEL, this one is great. I wanted to crank it up a bit so i installed combat evolved, ultimate combat, and deadly combat, having the three of them at the same time maybe some kind of an overkill, but they seem to do pretty similar modifications. I have to say I'm not entirely happy about those, I deactivated the stagger on normal attacks, that was quite annoying IMHO but i'm not very fond of lowered movement speed while swinging, I feel like it kinda wreck the purpose playing light armor + one handed, I like timed blocking, that's a pretty neat feature, but I'm not quite fond of the shield lowering delay, most of the time I land a timed block I find myself bashing because I didn't wait long enough for my shield to lower, I'm not sure which one of the three does that, but I'll have to get rid of it.

So what do you guys prefer ? I have not yet tried SPERG and I don't plan to try SkyRe or Requiem right now but please, do tell me how those feel, combat-wise, Requiem is tempting me more and more though.

Also I am not really sure about Skyrim Unleashed, i like a challenge and it does sound pretty appealing, but on the other hand i don't really want to spend 10 hours fighting mudcrabs before I can take my first bandit.

Edited by LFAz

Duel is a must have and in my load order by default now :) + Asis + Deadly Dragon in legendary lvl, you need followers or you're doomed

i've used Duel + Skyrim Unleashed (really underrated mod)+ deadly dragon unleveled + DCO which is really a good combo as well, you have really hard time since every enemies became unleveled, my first bandit was a Orc with steel armor and a glass sword right at the Stones before Riverwood and you will remember your first Dragon as well, took me 20 mins to kill him with Irileth and the guards:)

Perma and skyRe , i didn't really start with it, take a break from Skyrim so i've never discoverd more than lvl 10+ so..

@@

Oh yes, I forgot to mention it but i also use ASIS, which is great too. i already have deadly dragon, didn't know it was compatible with Dragon Combat Overhaul though so I may look into this one. I'm not really sure about delevelling ennemies though, wouldn't that even destroy the concept of Skyrim Unleashed ? I haven't tried anything like it yet so I don't actually know how it will turn out, but I don't think Skyrim is really meant for that, I'd probably like if I could have visibility on it, per exemple if bandits an/or monster in a certain hold/region were notoriously stronger than anywhere else, but I don't like the idea of exploring a cave and having to turn back and leave it at that because I'd suddenly run into a random bandit much stronger than the other, also being technically able to loot high-tier equipement at a very low skill level really doesn't sound good to me.

I am interested in Unleashed though, but how does it feels ? As I said, I'm not certain I'll enjoy having to grind for a dozen of hours before being able to take my first dungeon, it does appeal to me though, but is it really that much of a big deal in the long run ? I mean the game is going to be super hard at first but eventually you catch up with enemies don't you ?

the purpose of Skyrin unleashed was to push the player to ''lvl up'' if you're lvl 1 you can fight a bandit lvl 1 but it will be like a lvl 10 +, it's how i felt it, so you have to go back and grow up a bit, learn skills and then come back later stronger. i can't recall exactly with setup was when i met my Orc, but i'm sure it wasn't SU humm..it never happen since so, will check eventually :)

as per the mod author says you won't find Daedric armor in a cave near Riverwood, but you need to be humble :tongue: and grind a lot to get septims, you have to empty caves and dungeon to get reward and items to sell.

the downside is, you will became of course more and more powerfull, at the end, around 45+ it's easy but it will take a long time to get 40 ahahaha.

i'm using Duel + Asis + Deadly dragon + longbows ( it change only the Archery perks + bows power)at the moment for my Bosmer Archer/vagabond char, i have 2 followers and we are light Oo, i was in Alftand today and i met a few times 5/7 Falmer where you usualy have 2, they use parry a lot and their archers are really efficient now, spheres or spiders also multiply due to Asis and it became really deadly, i went solo first and revert back to pick up followers, but still really hard.

going to Sky temple when you have 3 dragons + the Forsworn camp in fury in front of the entry make the quest really more challenging

it's the only way i've set skyrim to be hard from start to end with these 3 ''basics'', even my vampire who is a pure caster, use this + better magic and Apocalypse spells

@@

Edited by korun