DA2 combat in DA:O

YoungZer0

So after finishing DA2 i was left with a bitter taste in my mouth. The game had a lot of potential. None of which Bioware used. The combat however really worked for me. It was fast and fun. But way too much of it.

Now i want to go back to DA:O but to be honest the thing i didn't like the most about DA:O was the slow combat. So i wonder, is it possible to have the dynamic and fast combat of DA2 in DA:O?

So after finishing DA2 i was left with a bitter taste in my mouth. The game had a lot of potential. None of which Bioware used. The combat however really worked for me. It was fast and fun. But way too much of it.

Now i want to go back to DA:O but to be honest the thing i didn't like the most about DA:O was the slow combat. So i wonder, is it possible to have the dynamic and fast combat of DA2 in DA:O?

I second this. DA2 also left me feeling disappointed as to why BioWare didn't add the fast dynamic combat to Origins. It would have made Origins a 10 times much better game.

I agree, if a mod to backport the combat to DA:O came out...I'd almost play it non-stop.

I found a mod that increases combat speed by an average of 50%, which helps, but still.

http://www.dragonagenexus.com/downloads/file.php?id=1940

As good as it gets.

I've speeded up the dSpeed float of weapons, as follows:

- Daggers : -1.0

- Creature - Claw, Quick: -1.0

- Longswords / Waraxes / Maces: -0.75

- Shields: -0.75

- Shortbows/Longbows: -0.75

- Creature - Claw, Medium: -0.75

- Crossbows: -0.65

- Greatswords / Battleaxes / Mauls: -0.5

The cause is just and fair my laddies, altho wouldent it also mean that there should be more enemies in every location ? The combat style is a little different in DA2 most skills got buffed, so wont it be 2 easy in DA:O after a change like that ?

A rehaul of the entire game-mechanics would require a remake of DA:O's engine.

If someone gets ahold of a toolset for DA2, there will probably be an attempt to make DA:O for DA2 eventually.

Or so I wish.

ALL WE NEED NOW IS A CASTLE/AND OR VILLAGE BUILDING MOD :D