FPS way too fast o_O

HecticSeptic

I suppose I should have tried to look harder for a 'search' option, but I take this problem is so uncommon that no one's ever had it. Maybe I'm wrong though, which means its more likely I'll fix this.

The problem: I move, aim, shoot, far too quickly and so does everyone else.

I know its not just my imagination because: I played FO3 on the PS3 and it ran at believable speeds earlier on the PC.

The mods I've installed are: The Beautification Mod, the DLCs, the hairstyle mod associated with the previously mentioned mod, and only afterwards in attempt to slow the game down, a bunch of texture/model changes (no avail).

The only difference/change between the speed issue and normal speed was the Beautification mod, which removing, reinstalling and reinstalling FO3 have not fixed. I erased everything and started from scratch with the same issue,

so it isn't just my save or settings either. I tried iFPS = 60, 30, 0 in both inis. I can't set the graphics higher. I tried overiding limits with FOMM and despite lagging, the game still made everything too fast. Any ideas??

Set your monitor's refresh rate as low as it can go without messing it up (but not lower than 60), and then turn on V-Sync. That should lock the game's video update speed to no more than your refresh rate. That's more or less what V-sync is for. Edited by proconsu1