AWOP (full of "poo poo"?)

djmystro

In all honesty I just want more places to explore (althought I haven't even covered half of your locations lol!) Just keep what you're doing, A world of pain if flipping awesome! I would love more interaction with the Legion/NCR though. Like simplywayne90, some senarios that include the fallout atmosphere =)

Ignore them hatters, you have our support! :P AWOP ftw!

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

lordrahl:

Thanks for the feedback and support :thumbsup:

I think given some of the feedback I have got today that I will add about twice as many planned notes. I do like finding them myself but I also fact check any references to Fallout lore (even when I trust my memory) so that can take a while sometimes.

Good advice about mulitple ways around the quests. I'll hafta have a think about that. I reckon at the very least I can make Masseling's hire quest work that way. Prob not Mlix though, she has a very unusual backstory. I don't wan't to give too much away yet but like with vanilla companions once you have reached a certain area in the game (WIP) extra dialouge options will become available. I'll try to expand any future quests to take into account different attributes (intimidation through strength or charm wih charisma etc...).

I'll also look into adding a few random dialogue options that are unique depending on your character stats around the Underground NPCs when I come to update the notes and terminals.

I know what you mean about how you could get through the old games using many different methods.

I'll probably be unpopular for saying this but I played on Fallout Tactics before any of the others and I actually prefer that just slightly to the original games. I prefer the speed of the game and the combat aspects. I still played through the originals a couple of times each though. If I'm being honest my character in each game ends near enough exactly the same in SPECIAL and Tag skills every play through so I guess I never explored the diplomatic or stealth options to thier full capacity (and have never played with a character of below 7 intelligence either). Even so I can definately see the replay value to altering the dialogue/quests in that way and it is now on the to do list.

Scorpial:

Cheers, thanks for your support. I'll definately keep the new locations rolling in. I can't help but scan every area I go into for potential conflict free spots to place or open up a new buiding so I'll probably still be doing that after the final version is released (or doing a similar thing with/for other peoples mods).

I'll try and get some more interaction with the NCR and legion in.

NCR should be easy enough but I have never sided with the Legion. I have never even played an evil character. I killed everyone in Megaton once but I just felt sad and and to reload an earlier save (I even put off playing the game for a day or two when I could not find a way to get a good ending without killing Mr House who seemed would have been a great resourse once he got over not being the boss anymore).

My interactions with the Legion have been limited to shoot on sight after my first converation with them in Nipton back in my first game. As a result I'm not sure exactly what people would be after from, say, a Legion based quest? I can add some dialogue to troops and drop more of them around easy enough but before I attempt any more than that I just thought I would see if there are any Legion fans about who have any suggestions.

Edited by djmystro

Haha, yeah, strange story for me. I was planning on siding with the NCR because I always usually play good character. Like you said, I would feel bad killing people. But when I got to Nipton and saw Vulpes and his Legionairies, I ditched the NCR and never went back XD The legion side doesn't acctually have me killing as many people as I thought though, which is fine. I side with the legion, but I usually end up helping little girls find their teddy bears LOL

From a legion stand-point, I would suggest things like raiding, collecting information, tracking down escaped salves even? Also, the powder gagners attack legion raiding parties, so they aren't really on good terms with the legion. Maybe make something where, if sided with the legion, we have to get rid of some powder gagners who have been harassing legion raid parties?

:)

Scorpial:

Cheers, there's a lot of good ideas there and I'll definatly use a couple at least.

Collecting info would be easy to implement in any number of variations.

The slave one could be interesting, although I'm a bit frustrated with the lack of an alternative option to free all those slave girls once the Legion are all dead but nevermind. Maybe they like carrying all that stuff up that hill.

A Powder Ganger attack would be good. I can set up an outpost buiding somewhere which used to be Legion controlled that has been taken over by the 'Gangers. Quest to get it back.

I was thinking about some kind of assasination run using Assasin Marcus (who may need a name change - I forgot about big Marcus the Super Mutant) as a temporary follower (or vice versa - you follow him). Any good ideas for non-quest breaking but high-priority targets? I can make a few myself but it might be nice to get a few vanilla locations involved too.

Well, if you were to make a quest to track down the slaves, you can make an alternative one on the ncr side to free them instead?

As for non-quest breaking but high-priority, I can try looking into it. Not sure if Fallout has any named NPC that aren't involved in a quest someway though, unfortunately =/

I know that the legion has a raiding camp close to Nipton, it's vanilla and it's just chilling there with nothing but the powder gagners to free. That could be a good legion location to start some quests? Also the mine near Nelson (Techatticup mine) is pretty boring for a legion player, it's either you free the NCR captives or not. There's a named legion guy there (Alexus), but he doesn't say much unless you're sided with the NCR.

Edited by Scorpial

Scorpial:

Thanks for your response and ideas,

Though I may do a quest to track down some slaves (and if I do an alternative option to free them) I will not be attempting to free the existing Legion slaves as I am avoiding altering any vanilla content if I can help it (at least with the main file).

I can think of an NPC or two arounf McCarren who would not be missed if you were to side with the Legion. I will keep an eye out on my next playthrough too.

I like the Techatticup location. There's a whole lot of nothing around there and I'll do a bit more investigation into that area too.

LOW LOOT Patches:

Three Low Loot options coming in the next hour or two.

General stuff (extra ammo, clutter, armor etc), Skill Books and/or M Weapons can now be turned on or off mid-game.

Edited by djmystro

Still a bit busy but I think that if your going to be doing as much expanding as you seem to, you'll likely need help with voicing and resources and what not.

Heres a (well its THE) thread for any and all voice acting for Fallout mods. I made it a long time ago but its still used so anyone from this thread can likely be contacted and asked to volunteer to voice for a mod.

You can also simply post your mod, and the characters and voices you need and wait for replys, most of the people are amatuers and just fellow Fallout players, but more than a few are professionals willing to help since it helps spread out their voice.

The Voice Acting Thread

The rest, well I'd really just suggest you go through my content page and look and see what might be helpful, I try to only post on meaningful threads, (So you won't likely see threads like "KAN I PLZ HAVE MW2 WEAPOZ?" =P )

Heres the link to my content page.

SimplyWayne90's Nexus Forum Content

Oh perhaps you might work on the footprint idea. It's an old topic I made awhile back.

simplywayne90 :

Thanks for the tips about voice acting. They may very well come in handy. Depending on offers for contributions (I have had one or two) I will check those out once I have finished adding the new dialogue options (various options for character-specific dialogue such as new options for strong, dumb or charismatic people etc).

The new Low Loot patches have been released for AWOP 0.4. You can get them here:

http://www.newvegasnexus.com/downloads/file.php?id=40950

Hi!

I like the mod lots!

I havent downloaded it for a while tho so my version is probably out of date.

been sorta busy working on my stuff and not playing.

I think it would be good for you to add modders resources all over.

If there is more modders resources to use just put stuff in for decoration or whatever.

I have one such project under development. It is just some toys but those added clutter can add flavor u know.

Other people like making artwork for the game also. I think i sent u a link to one but maybe your inbox is very full.

Maybe, i will start another project of making some really nasty gore also but that wouldnt be until i finish the other stuff first.

New traps would be nice, but i dont really understand how the nif starts out in animation mode and then is released into havok.

I saw that on this one oblivion breaking plank bridge thing.

I know what you mean about how you could get through the old games using many different methods.

I'll probably be unpopular for saying this but I played on Fallout Tactics before any of the others and I actually prefer that just slightly to the original games. I prefer the speed of the game and the combat aspects. I still played through the originals a couple of times each though. If I'm being honest my character in each game ends near enough exactly the same in SPECIAL and Tag skills every play through so I guess I never explored the diplomatic or stealth options to thier full capacity (and have never played with a character of below 7 intelligence either). Even so I can definately see the replay value to altering the dialogue/quests in that way and it is now on the to do list.

Nothing wrong with starting with Tactics. Hell, I rather enjoyed the combat system of Tactics. If they had worked that system into fallout 1 and 2, or the roleplaying elements and story into Tactics, the games would have been just about perfect, imo. Ha, the combat in the originals was really the only thing I ever complained about. It was just a wee bit clunky and slow....doesn't stop me from playing through em once or twice a year though. :P

You should really try a low intelligence run of Fallout 2 sometime...it's pretty amusing. It was actually essential to fallout 2 speed runs, haha. Also, trying to go through the game as a Pacifist is an interesting experience.