Skyrim Looks "Bleah"

Deleted1811414User

Sorry to join the ranks of haters, but while the graphics looks improved the overall setting is pretty unremarkable. I mean, how diverse a game could it be fixed in the North? I loved Oblivion for the lush greenery, but it also had cold Burma and swampy Leyawin. Hopefully i am wrong, but it just appears to be more of a story-driven game rather than an open world inviting exploration.

Morrowind had a really dreary and rather blah look to it. No bright colors anywhere. Lots of earth-tones and fog. But just look what an awesome game it was. The quests and factions blew Oblivion out of the water.

So if Bethesda can give me a new game with lots and lots of factions, quests, and adventures in the snow and ice and pine trees, I will be as happy as a clam.

From what they've shown so far, there are areas with nothing but snow and then areas with full coniferous forests. I think there's even screenshots in a forest with vegetation so thick it more than puts Oblivion to shame. So yeah I'm not worried about it being Skyrim. Solstheim wasn't my favorite part of Morrowind, but any environment will look better with more than a 30 yard visual distance. I think in one of the latest articles they said they are trying to keep that "fog" out of the game as much as possible, with the philosophy that the visual distance will always be "all the way up". That right there will make the environment seem more detailed, since your attention won't be solely focused on that 50 yard radius.

They definitely did say that there will be more than snow covered everything. Not everywhere up North of the US or various locations in Canada are all snow. It'll just be a sight that you'll see more than the rest I'd assume. There are plenty of screen shots all over the place for you to check out just to reassure yourself that this potentially awesome game will likely be awesome (if that makes sense...).