Skyrim Looks "Bleah"

Deleted1811414User

I really doubt that Bethesda is gonna trip up on a chance to showcase a new engine.

However, I could point out that Morrowind was a reasonably homogeneous climate (Solstheim aside), yet it had none of the Linear Story Driven feel that you, and I, fear could be present in Skyrim.

I did get sick of that looped blight storm sound effect while playing on the xbox though... >:(

I'd have to say what's wrong with a good story driven game? Combined with great graphics and improved battle, I'd happily have epic battles amongst blizzards and snowy peaks. Stain the pure white snow red.

Or whatever it is that trolls bleed. Or explode after being hit with magic.

I'd have to say what's wrong with a good story driven game? Combined with great graphics and improved battle, I'd happily have epic battles amongst blizzards and snowy peaks. Stain the pure white snow red.

Or whatever it is that trolls bleed. Or explode after being hit with magic.

When we're talking story-driven here, we're thinking of the linear epics like ME or DA. Where stuff is fun, but once you go through the deep roads and kill all the baddies, you can't do it again on that character without reloading a save.

And that isn't very fun. When I get a new smashing utensil, I want to be able to walk out of the city/town/cave and find some fresh heads to connect it to Post-Haste.

That, is the draw of the TES series for me.

Sorry to join the ranks of haters, but while the graphics looks improved the overall setting is pretty unremarkable. I mean, how diverse a game could it be fixed in the North? I loved Oblivion for the lush greenery, but it also had cold Burma and swampy Leyawin. Hopefully i am wrong, but it just appears to be more of a story-driven game rather than an open world inviting exploration.

I really think you should watch the trailer before stating it can't be diverse because it's in the north... (Also, you should visit one of the northern countries - Norway, Sweden, Iceland, Russia, Finland, etc - they are very diverse in landscape )

The trailer shows lots of places that are far from snowy. (Click my Skyrim sig to watch it)

Scotland, though not as far north, is considered one of the most beautiful countries in the world. I live in the rolling hills of Lanarkshire, and if I walk twenty minutes from my house I can see the snow coverd peaks of Ben Lomand and Ben Arthur while surrounded in picturesque countryside. I really hope there are Lochs in this game, all the lakes in Oblivion were pathetic splashes of water.

Scotland, though not as far north, is considered one of the most beautiful countries in the world.

So is Norway, the country Bethesda has always taken inspiration from in Nord cultural traits, language, demeanor and of course also terrain design. And Norway is very varied:

The Geiranger Fjord in the summer time:

http://img.burrard-lucas.com/norway/full/geiranger.jpg

From Dovre (mountain plateau) in the fall:

http://www.fotoarkivet.info/Photography/BILDER-FRA-NORGE/Fjell-landskap/DSC9787/443567720_pwf2p-D-1.jpg

From Lofoten Islands:

http://farm1.static.flickr.com/37/76694965_6b74e14afa.jpg

Prekestolen (Preacher's Chair):

http://media.aftenposten.no/archive/00586/PREKESTOLEN_0000805_586550g.jpg

http://www.rostrup.com/nina/pictures/inamads/prekestolen.jpg

I think Skyrim can be just as diverse.

I am a little confused about this. Northern Cyrodiil was ALWAYS snowy (unless I missed something) So, you'd think, farther up north would definitely always be snowy. But then again, Nirn is an entirely different planet. It might work differently, obviously there were a few green areas in the trailer. Maybe seasons will have something to do with it? But, it wont matter to me, as long as I'm given a good storyline.

I will say though, I was REALLY hoping for Elsweyr. I want to see if they'll do anything with the different Khajiit types. I would love exploring a jungle. South-Eastern Cyrodiil was my favorite area.

I am a little confused about this. Northern Cyrodiil was ALWAYS snowy (unless I missed something) So, you'd think, farther up north would definitely always be snowy. But then again, Nirn is an entirely different planet. It might work differently, obviously there were a few green areas in the trailer. Maybe seasons will have something to do with it? But, it wont matter to me, as long as I'm given a good storyline.

I will say though, I was REALLY hoping for Elsweyr. I want to see if they'll do anything with the different Khajiit types. I would love exploring a jungle. South-Eastern Cyrodiil was my favorite area.

It was also nothing but solid mountain range once you got past Bruma, so that may have had more to do with altitude than geography. Maybe it flattens out or goes into lower valleys in Skyrim past the Jerall Mountains.