Problems with FOMM Package Manager

sasm123

Yeah so the other day i went to use the package manager in FOMM and after typing in my login info FOMM freezes and crashes. This randomly started happening i did not mess with any of the FOMM files or anything. I have tried reinstalling FOMM multiple times and it still doesn't work so anyone know what might be happening and what can i do to fix it?

If you didn't change anything in FOMM, then the most likely cause is you changed something in Windows, more specifically the .NET framework. This could be the result of applying a Microsoft update, an IE update or installing another .NET application that bundled its own runtime files. Anything like that in your recent past?

Edit: BTW, what version of FOMM we talkin' about here?

Edited by proconsu1

I have version 0.12.6 and there was an Microsoft Automatic Update recently and i dont use IE so unless it did a random update without me knowing i cant say for sure and the only thing i have been installing recently have been files from F3nexus and Borderlands on Steam and that's pretty much it

If you have Automatic Updates turned on, then IE updates are going to be loading in addition to core OS updates. Not good. Those "fixes" actually tend to contain more regression bugs than actual fixes. That is why there are so many of them, because they are continually chasing down the regression bugs they introduced in recent "fix" packs. You could try rolling back any updates it installed in the past coupla weeks, but it may already be too late for that to fix it.

Another thing you could try is to get the latest version of FOMM, which I believe is 13.21 if memory serves. You will find it here on the Nexus listed in the mod utilities for FO:NV, but it is actually designed to work with both FO3 and FO:NV. If it is built on a later version of the .NET framework (and I have no clue about that) then it might be immune to whatever got screwed up.

Ok i installed FOMM Version 13.21 and ..... same thing happens :wallbash: maybe a full reinstall of fallout 3 will help?

Doubtful, but the only thing lost by trying is a little bit of time. More useful might be to download and install the redistributable packages for .NET to see if you can force it back into compliance. And make sure you are getting the redistributable versions, not the "standalone" or patchfile versions.

Edit: and I would get every version from 2 forward, i.e. 2.0 3.0 3.5 and 4.0. You will likely find the earliest ones already incorporated into your version of Windows or your Service Pack, but since I don't which you are on I say get 'em all and let the installer sort it out later.

Edited by proconsu1

Ok ill try the reinstall of fallout if that doesn't work ill try downloading the .NET packages

Fallout reinstall didn't work trying .net packages now also i opened my New Vegas Mod Manager and the Package manager works there just fine

Edited by sasm123

• 3 weeks later...

I have that problem and another with Package manager. I fixed the first one by just clicking cancel instead of login lol. my othe problem i cant seem to fix though. for some reason everytime i try to instal a FOMOD it says something about there not being a refrence point or something along those lines. i have the 00.13.21 version from FNVN got an answer or work around i could use?

Nevermind, I found out what was going on. My FOMOD were being instaled but since i do all my stuff offline it was crashing because of .Net.

:sweat:

Edited by TroBeLeave