Couple magic effects

nekollx

for a couple projects im working on i want to add a new spell or enchantment, ive see something similar in Wintermyst but not sure how to implement it myself.

So one mod I use is the Vampire Texture Framework and one potions makes vampires show white (as the npcs oftem comment) and it occured to me that i really should be hard to see in the snow when wearing little or n clothing (and as a wampire the cold never bothers me anyway even with Frostfall), by the same token armors like Stalrim and white armors (which my mod add) should do the same but not sure how to add a spell or effect to armors that functioned like Wyntermysts "helath is fortified in sunny weather" except "steath is enhanced in snowwy weather"

Another thing i'm doing is making some varients of my armors that usesthe same mesh ireguardless of the actors gender called Loose (for the male shape) and Corseted (for the female shape) and id like to add an effect to the armor so when wearing it npcs refer to you by the precived gender the armor projects (female for corseted, male for loose) i'm also looking into assing some beast race items which would do a similar effect making NPCs refer to you as a "cat" or "lizard"

Any thoughts? I dont need a conplex scrip for the latter something that did ticked a "is female" or "is khajiit" flag is fine i dont need to do monitoring check speach to vconvice liek Master of disguse, simple is better

• 1 month later...

I'm not 100% certain how EnaiSiaion managed it. He's really good at what he does, so I wouldn't be surprised if he had a more efficient method, but I would simply make a script that iterates with this call:

ScriptName SomeScript Extends ActiveMagicEffect

Float Property fBonus = 10 Auto

Bool bEffectActive = True
Bool bBonusActive
Actor aCaster

Event OnEffectStart(Actor akTarget, Actor akCaster)
	aCaster = akCaster
  RegisterForSingleUpdate(0.5)
EndEvent

Event OnEffectFinish(Actor akTarget, Actor akCaster)
	bEffectActive = False
	UnregisterForUpdate()
EndEvent

Event OnUpdate()
	If bEffectActive
		Bool bSnowy = Weather.GetCurrentWeather().GetClassification() == 3
		If bSnowy && !bBonusActive ;If weather is currently snowy
			aCaster.ModActorValue("Sneak", fBonus)
			bBonusActive = True
		ElseIf !bSnowy && bBonusActive
			aCaster.ModActorValue("Sneak", -fBonus)
			bBonusActive = False
		EndIf
		RegisterForSingleUpdate(0.5)
	Else
		aCaster.ModActorValue("Sneak", -fBonus)
		bBonusActive = False
	EndIf
EndEvent

However, having already written that, I now realize he probably made an ActorValuePeakModifier enchantment or whatever it is (a normal sneak buff enchantment) with a condition for weather. This would allow the magnitude of the enchantment to work as it's supposed to. Now I feel dumb for having written that out first... Oh well.

For the second paragraph. First up, I'm an asshole. So I'm obligated to point out it's "regardless", not "irregardless". Anyway, unfortunately, on the ActorBase script, I see a GetSex() function, not no corresponding SetSex() function. It might be possible to make an SKSE plugin which isolates the bool and sets it to a given value and use that as a function. From there it would be a simple OnEquipped/OnUnequipped thing (or an enchantment on it with an OnEffectStart/Finish) to make it work.

The Actor script, however, DOES have a SetRace() function which you could possibly use. When the armor is equipped, call SetRace on the actor to make them Argonian or Kahjiit. When it's unequipped, set it back to whatever it was. Unfortunately, the page says it only works on living NPCs. It's possible, though unlikely, that the important part of that sentence is "living" and not "NPCs". It's probably both, though, meaning it won't work on the player.

that seem like a good set of plan testingthe first one on my white armor, mad a object effect with a is snowing condition that using the basic fortify sneak 01 effect, though i'm trying to make a passive effect that cant be disenchanted and doesnt count as a enchant, (like how ou can enchante a crosbow even though it has a ignore 50% armor effect) and cant figure out where in Armor or Object Effects i would set those variables.

Also is there a way to check if it's night i have a black armor set as well and i'd like to add a streath bonus when it's night and wearing that set.

Thanks for the great ideas, really helps, haven dove int othe scripting for the second effect byt im not in a rush.

On a unrelated note where is durration in magic effect tinkering with Dead thrall (ReanimateThrallFFAimed) to create a slidying scale through the ranks like the expert version last 30 days instead of forever, the adept a week, aprentic a day, novice 30 minutes, with the ultimate idea of building a system of upgraded spell so you could have a masterlevel version of the novice flames for a sort of flamethrower or a faster healing Healing hands or heal other, sort of like picking your favorite spell and just making it progressivly better or even starting with a weaker version of a higher level spell and increase it incrementally as you find more adcanced texbooks on the nuances of the spell. Things like Magnatude, Minimum skill level, and base cost were easy enough to find but cant find the durration

Again, Thank you very much.

To disable disenchanting, you need to add a keyword to the item itself. You can't disenchant Arch Mage Robes, for example. If you open the Arch Mage Robes, you'll see it has the keyword MagicDisallowEnchanting.

For time, use a condition just like for snowing. The condition is GetCurrentTime. It's a 24-hour function. So, 5:30 AM is 5.5. 8:45 PM is 10.75. So you need two conditions, and they need to be or. Time <= 5.5 OR Time >= 10.75. You can obviously set the precise times to whatever you want.

When making a magic effect, you decide if there will be a duration by ticking or not ticking NoDuration and the Spellmaking Duration boxes. If NoDuration is unchecked and Duration box is checked, then when you add the effect to a spell or enchantment, you should be able to set the duration there. I'm not 100% certain how you're wanting the thing in the big paragraph to work. I get you want it to last longer as it gets more powerful, what I don't get is what exactly is "it".

To disable disenchanting, you need to add a keyword to the item itself. You can't disenchant Arch Mage Robes, for example. If you open the Arch Mage Robes, you'll see it has the keyword MagicDisallowEnchanting.

For time, use a condition just like for snowing. The condition is GetCurrentTime. It's a 24-hour function. So, 5:30 AM is 5.5. 8:45 PM is 10.75. So you need two conditions, and they need to be or. Time <= 5.5 OR Time >= 10.75. You can obviously set the precise times to whatever you want.

When making a magic effect, you decide if there will be a duration by ticking or not ticking NoDuration and the Spellmaking Duration boxes. If NoDuration is unchecked and Duration box is checked, then when you add the effect to a spell or enchantment, you should be able to set the duration there. I'm not 100% certain how you're wanting the thing in the big paragraph to work. I get you want it to last longer as it gets more powerful, what I don't get is what exactly is "it".

thanks again, is there a check for ambient light i know better vampires ues ambient light for sundamange and wont have you take sun damange when inside id likda like to do the same for armor but using less light to make the spell stronger. As for the big paragraph the idea is i'm create several coppies of each spell for each rank of magic, right now i dont have a system/script in place for when you read a but withthe higher one it will lookfor and remove the lesser versions and add the new one butthat's not a concern.

The thing with duration is i made a copy of dead thrall in tess edit not the CK so i'm not seeing the duration flag to change maybe this is one of those things i have to go to the CK for

I'm not sure about ambient light. You'd have to check the mod that managed it and see how.

http://i895.photobucket.com/albums/ac160/richard_l_homan/Storm%20Thrall%20TesVEdit.png

Highlighted line. Note that there's another duration below that in the second effect which takes effect if the player has the elemental potency perk.

This is on the Storm Thrall spell.